2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Not total happy with my Maxx
By laurie28 on 05/09/14 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Maxx in late 2004. Steering issues every year. GM kept replacing steering. Finally used a "redesigned" component that solved the problems. Tire rods replaced. Recently had loss of power steering. started working after I stopped the car. Chevy will not check it out at no charge. New brakes after 1200 miles. Back seat lever broke off. Driver seat power adjustments broke. Remote start quit working. Key fobs with new batteries still won't open or lock doors. Hatch back won't open and when to Chevy 3 times to get it fixed. One thing. Great handling and acceleration!! I won't buy another GM vehicle. Ever.

maximum contentment
By webber1 on 05/06/14 07:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had many cars and makes over the years. The Malibu Maxx is one of the best I've owned (into my sixth year with 80K). Normal maintenace only, couple of wheel bearings, tie rod, ball joints, new steering rack and tail light assembly. Car is into its ninth year and still drives and looks great. (I have treated it with rust proofing every other year) Would consider moving up except there is nothing out there to replace it, so I keep driving this one of a kind car and loving it still.

I Want to Keep This Car Forever!
By maxx_girl on 02/19/14 18:04 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many cars, new and used, from MBZ's to several other GM cars, and although my MBZ 300 was a work horse, I have never had a car I love more than this. Reliable, attractive, lots of leg and head room, can fit tons of stuff into it, great mileage on the open road particularly, just a great car.

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
By Watson on 09/06/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought it brand new. We haven't had any problems since our bumper to bumper ran out. Warranty covered the rear defroster poking outside of the exterior glass (replaced rear window), the steering knock (chevy extended a recall on the electric steering up to 70k), the left rear running light (twice) and the front brake rotars warped and had to be turned at 32k (I had to fight the dealer on that one).

Love my MAXX
By Barb on 12/17/07 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Turns heads. People ask me what kind of car it is! I get 32 mpg on the highway, including in that figure is stop and go around Chicago. Car has a ton of room. I would recommend the car to anyone! Great fun!

Malibu Maxx 2005 wow
By Malibu Maxx 2005 on 10/17/07 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was reluctant to purchase this vehicle due to several reasons. However once sitting behind the wheel and driving it, I was immediately sold. This is by far the best car I have ever purchased, in the meantime I have test driven many different make and models for comparison. None can reach the Maxx with its performance level and comfortability. It handles very well even with high speed, acceleration rate is excellent. One of those secret jewels, once you drive it you'll love it. In 2.5 years twice in garage for warranty covered issue. Suggestion: purchase leather only if you have children or buy waterproof seat covers. The light beige cloth material stains very easily. Stains won`t come off.

Great Family Vehicle With Good Looks.
By jenandjonm on 07/11/07 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car for more room while I was pregnant with my second child. We originally wanted a SUV, but not the gas milage. Hubby sugested a Suburu wagon, but I think wagons are ugly, ditto for mini vans. Husband and I are both tall and needed leg room, plus rear leg room for occasional adult passengers and those huge child car seats. The Maxx was a great find. I'm always getting compliments on the styling and people are curious what it is. The handling is great, especially at slow speeds in the parking lot. Plenty of power for those curvey hilly roads and freeway passing. All with great gas milage. It gets about 30-35 mpg on long trips, and 25 in town.

I love the Maxx
By Floyd on 05/18/07 06:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for a truly new and clean look and found it in the Malibu Maxx. Coupled with good mileage, comfort, and features makes this American car a great value. The V6 power plant is very spicey and makes the Malibu Maxx fun to drive. It is right up there with the Imports in all areas.

Best Buy
By Kent on 12/23/06 08:33 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu Maxx in Dec of 2005 and already have 50,000 miles of trouble free, economical and handy driving. I say handy because the interior layout of the Maxx accomodates a 8 foot ladder with room to spare. I have averaged over 38 mpg several times driving I95 in Florida. I have rented a Dodge Caliber while traveling and find that it is no comparison to the Maxx. The Caliber is noisy and the interior is not nearly as nice as the Maxx. With the deals out there I highly recommend the Maxx. An excellent value that is underappreciated by most buyers.

To the MAXX!
By browntravis on 11/19/06 08:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I researched this vehicle extremely well. The European body styling really makes this car an eye catcher. People always stop and ask me what it is and compliment on the styling. The 3.5L V-6 engine makes for smooth, powerful ride. This car is very roomy and the back seats slide back, forth, and recline. Very cool! Definitely some great standard features. Great sound system. Standard rear moonroof, traction control, and power driver seat. This car is an all around good choice for persons of any age or family status.