1992 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
trusty trooper
By wd on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I am original owner with 160,000 plus miles and bought this vehicle knowing I needed reliable transportation more than anything else at the time. I am just now retiring the vehicle for something new. It served flawlessly. I only had to repair normal things over its life (tires, brakes, battery, exhaust)

Flame red Z34 Chevy Lumina
By felicity on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

This is a great first car! Very nice, sporty, and fun to drive. No major flaws, no rust, or broken parts or excessive wear and tear. Gets you where you need to go. Roomy for a coupe yet can get you in and out of those busy shoping parking lots. The color is flame red, which turns heads. Great for all ages!

Repairs Ouch
By FIRE1 on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

Love my Z. Unbelievable to repair. Poor engine compartment design. Everything is so difficult to get at. To replace altenator you have to drop front axle. Timing chain was a $1000 touch. In order to replace battery you have to remove bolted support and washer reservior before accessing battery, Not enough room for battery blanket. Goes like the wind but has a rattly and tinny sound to the muffler as opposed to throaty rumble which would match its look. Despite all, I love it and would not trade it.

Lumina is Awsome
By Bob Ted on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

Luminas are awsome, and mine goes 110 mhp and gets 25 mpg and it has a spoiler.

92 lumina-great car
By babyshu on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

my 92 lumina has been a really great car, very dependable, sometimes way over mileage for an ail change, but she has always gotten me there and back.we are just miles short from turning 240k miles and she still runs strong, all original parts.

Lumina goes on and on and...
By Lumina Lover on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina in 1992. It had 13,000 miles on it. It now has 230,000 miles, beleive it or not. It has been a wonderful little car. Even today, it runs like a top. It constantly amazes me at how dependable this car has been. I drive it every day. It still looks pretty good. My original plan was to drive it for a year or two, but it just keeps going and going and going. I am now in the market for another one, but will hold on to this little 1992. If any one happens to be looking at Luminas, I could never sing their praises enough. This is one car that has met all my expectations.

Great Car!
By Jaybird on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I really like this car. My mom bought it in 1999 with around 80,000 miles on it. It now has over 120,000 and still runs like a dream. She gave the car to me after I turned 16 and I'm always testing the car to see what it's up to. Have been surprised numerous times. No major problems except for brake problems. The emergency brake also sticks sometimes. A/C and heating systems still are wonderful....never a problem. Buy this car.

Great Looks & Performance- Unreliable
By Mr. Schaffer on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

Great looks, excellent performance, adequate economy. Expensive repairs, faulty engine design, poor factory paint job, cheap flaking decals. Fast, powerful, and beautiful but totally unrelaible.

NO MORE CHEVY's
By highly upset on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

I will never, ever buy chevy/gmc in life!! It's a pretty car, but the bonus' stop after that. I bought the car used in early july and by late july I needed a new engine. the blinkers never worked correctly for me and the steering column tends to smoke when you attempt to use them. Just got a new altenator, which cost entirely too much for the car. ANY repair for this car will be two time as much compared to any other domestic vehicle because of the way the engine was designed for the car. Even autobody shops hate to see this car coming! Oh and it doesn't even have cup holders.

good little car
By jesschrista on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

i got this car when i was in high school, because it was cheap. i drove it all through college, and i love it. i drove the heck out of it, and treated it like crap, and it never let me down. i pushed oil changes to the limit, drove it fast, and drove over 100 miles a day for more than a year like that, and it never died. i love that car.