Great Car!!! Hate the cup holders.
By Jason on
2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I traded in a Mariner that was having drivetrain problems. My car was a leftover (at the end of 08). I drove it and fell in love. The front seats are spacious and very comfortable. The car has the gusto to pull past just about any other car I need to, within reason. I do wish that I had the 3.9L engine as I have added a hitch and the 3.5 seems a bit underpowered on uphill stretches having to rev around 2500 RPMs to maintain speed. My only two complaints are the cup holders. I can't fit a large cup from anywhere in with any other cup. Smaller cups and bottles fit fine, but on long road trips, who wants a small? Also, I have been in the shop for brake pulsations twice in < 1 year.
Favorite Features
Radio-For a stock radio (no Bose), it ROCKS!!! Ride Quality-smooth as a baby's bottom. Spacious Trunk. Small windows behind rear doors help with parking lot viability. HVAC-this car will either freeze you out in the summer, or roast you in the winter! Remote Start-Factory Installed.
Suggested Improvements
Better quality brakes, better design on cup holders (front and rear), more rear leg room. I drove a Toyota Camry and could sit behind the driver's seat with it all the way back. I cannot in my Impala. Also, reduce wind noise in cross winds from driver's door. Vent Visors fixed this problem.