Car is a Blast!
By Anthony on
2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I have had this car for only a month but I must say that GM is really getting their act together. One may comment that the interior materials are not up to par with some of the imports but I feel the black leather looks great on a black SS. I was considering Accords,Camry and Altimas but felt the rumble of V8 and neck snapping torque was up my ally. This car is a joy to drive on the highway and zipping in and out of traffic. The fit and finish is up to speed and the handling is fair.It is a heavy front wheel drive car with over 300hp. I have over 2500 miles in one month and am just under 20 mpg's with mixed driving.I am in sales and will do another review as the mileage piles on.
Favorite Features
V/8! Flip and fold rear seats are great! XM with the Bose and the chrome rims. Huge trunk with pleaty of room when I take my wife and 3 kids.Takes me back to my 67 GTO... Nice rumble!Chrome exhaust tips are a nice touch. Traction control off and the car tracks straight...spins the tires nicely!
Suggested Improvements
Needs a NAV sytem and Bluetooth. Less body roll would help too. Better interior plastics and more bolstering for the seats. Climate control instead of the temp wheels. The V8 compensates for all these issues!What other car carries the family and turns a low 14 sec1/4 mile. Drive it and you will buy