2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Extended Warranty Needed
By debrajmsmith on 05/20/14 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a lot go wrong with this car (after the warranty went off), and we are still paying car payments to the bank. Besides expected things, like brakes and tires, the following things have gone wrong on this car so far: --1) emissions vent solenoid, 2) rear defogger, 3) front wheel barrings (both), 4) window washer pump, 5) air conditioning air-vent actuator, 6) key-less door lock units (all four) It is hard to feel comfortable driving a car that can have something go wrong so often, as well as hard to find any fun in it.

Bought with 11k Now close to 100k no issues
By michaelvanity on 03/18/14 17:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Only thing ive had to do to this car within the past 90k miles are oil changes every 6 months, I make sure to use the highest octane gas, And I only stick with one gas station, Shell being my choice. I have not had one probem thank God. And I plan on buying a new 2014 Impala, Love the new design. So heres how it add up. Me driving in San Francisco, I live here. Taking frequent trips to sacramento and reno. Lots of city driving. Things ive had done in terms of matience Oil Changes - Every 6 Months Reguardless of what meter says Best gas you can buy - IE most expensive tires changed twice. Brakes changed once. No Major Issues. Im going to stick with my Chevys.

Won't buy another GM vehicle.
By md_jake on 01/28/14 18:14 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was my first new one in over 30 years. Bought new against my usual practice of buying used. This car has the worst blind spots of any vehicle I have ever driven, including my pickup truck with a bed cap on it. I have 73k on it now and have already had to replace all four rotors once, had the bottoms of the front doors and right rear fender in the shop for rust work (under warranty) and now my AC compressor is broken ... in the middle of January of all times. Also, my stereo has never worked properly and only plays music through the rear speakers 99% of the time.I think I will trade it in while it has the most trade-in value and try a foreign car or another Ford product.

Run don't walk
By dennis139 on 01/21/14 19:27 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car with 50K on it. We now have 80K. Trans jumps from starts, both right side door lock stopped working, rear window connector burned, now head gaskets leaking, and trans lines leaking. Total cost of repairs is 4000.00 dollars. Car in only worth about 8K. Paint finish is poor, Would not purchase another GM vehicle.

Used buy value
By stirfry1 on 01/01/14 09:01 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car one year old, now have 60,000 on it with no significant issues.

Great Car. So far so good
By chevalltheway on 10/09/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used certified from a Chev dealer only 5 months ago with 135,000 km. Was in near perfect condition inside and out. Very fun to drive. Lots of power, no loss of oil or coolant leaks. Recently drove on a long trip and the car performed great! Tons of power through the mountains. Getting about 9.5 liters per 100K. Respectable. I replaced the factory audio system, because it sucked. Performed well but the audio was bad. Replaced with an aftermarket Pioneer deck and the system came to life. Now sounds ok with the factory 6 speaker system. I find better automatic shifting using "3rd" instead of "D" Not a 4 speed. 3 speed with overdrive.

Great value.
By stirfry1 on 08/24/13 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 20,000 on it, and now have 50,000 with no significant repair issues.

Value car
By desoto3 on 07/31/13 11:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2008 impala in 2011 with 59k on the speedometer. Besides a few issues I like the car. In 2013, the car now is at 92k.

Impala 08
By piercebmng on 04/14/13 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

locks, heater, fresh air, design, when back windows are down forget about it. bearings, tire wear, oil consumption, spudders, probably when the cylinders cut off the oil flows out filling the converter.

mixed feelings
By ifyousayso on 04/08/13 18:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car certified used with 28,000 miles 2 mos after warped rotors. dealership w/ plenty of "warranty" says rotors aren't covered (bumper to bumper??). After market rotors hadn't come out yet so I had them turned. 1500 miles later warped again. I also noticed uneven tire wear. Took it in to have alignment checked dealer told me it was to GM spec. Took it to a local tire shop which informed me GM spec (at that time) was very broad. ie. Properly aligned didn't mean it was optimized for tire life. I had them align and put on a set of tires. 65000 miles later no uneven wear. clear coat started peeling from spoiler 2000 miles after warranty on paint was up. see Fav Features.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.