Waste of Money
By kgates75 on
2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car in 2007. It was 2005 and had 14k what a deal I thought. At 50k I had to replace the motor. It had an issue that the dealer stated *Never happens* now at 115k the car needs a new transmission and will not pass emissions. I still owe a years payments on this car. I contacted GM, they apparently do not care that they make crap! Every year I owned this pile I have dumped too much money into it. Engine, suspension, exhaust, tie rod ends, not to mention the regular maintenance. If I could go back I would have bought the Dodge instead. Never will I waste money on a GM vehicle.
Favorite Features
None. The radio does not work without the XM service, no rear defrost, heat and air work when they want. Premium rims are a joke have to pay to have them cleaned every year. Rusts easy, poor paint, interior could be better, and the carpet in the truck fell apart.
Suggested Improvements
Use the money you make off of these cars to actually produces a quality vehicle. There are too many improvement suggestions to even fit on here. One improvement- If you look at a Chevy Impala and think *Hey that look like a nice car* Please just keep walking. Save your money.
By rgriese
on 02/14/13 18:12 PM (PST)

Really? I have had great success with mine (exactly same 05 base). Motor replaced at 50k miles? Someone is running a scam! Transmission at 115k? Ok maybe a little bit of slipping here and here just don't gun it at take offs and you can get 200K+ on original. I did have to do a head gasket replacement, but I knew that when I bought the car that they were not the best. I did it myself with better quality for about $150 and replaced every seal from the head up. The great thing is you can work on these cars yourself! Why finance? Buy a cash car. I bought mine in 07 with 65k 4900 ttl.