Used 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2011 Coupe Auto Trans
By chuckdi

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

GM claims top speed of 190 MPH for Coupe. GM warranties drive train for 5 years or 100K miles. Perfect fitting of body. Rides like a Cadillac with soft ride syspension (which I have) or select a ride syspension which is more expensive. 3LT trim is great with head up display, better interior trim and push button retractable seats and steering wheel.

Favorite Features

Head up display, run flat tires and OnStar. GM power train warranty...5 years/100k miles. Great power 436 HP with dual mode exhaust which I have and great fuel economy for the power...my Vette averaged 27 MPG on the freeway and its auto trans. Great stopping power due to its light weight...3225 lbs. manual, 3275 lbs. auto. Very quite at high speeds due to one the lowest drag coefficients....28 vs. .34 for the ZO6. With 428 lbs. of torque, I doubt most people can handle it if floored at a standing start.

Suggested Improvements

It cost me over 2K in accessories, which GM should have make standard or optional. Chrome door handles. Color matched spoiler and mud guards, chrome led tail lights, chrome engine coil covers, chrome mesh side covers.

My first Vette, bought one year older than average!
By gladiator55

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wanted an LT3, but got an LT1 with A/T, performance exhaust (noisy just when pushed) and chrome wheels (less demanding than the alloys on my 2002 BMW 530) and saved $7000. Missed some extras, but I think can live without them.

Favorite Features

Style that flows and seems timeless. Civilized ride for a sport car. Good ergonomics. Useful trunk. Removable roof. Better millage than expected. On Star navigation is good but a navigation system is better! Some cheap cars come with blue tooth , but GM will charge for using their hands free calling option once the free period is over.

Suggested Improvements

I bought my son a new Jetta 2010, made in Mexico for $ 20 000, the power windows are one touch up/down, the glove compartment door belongs to a luxury car. My Vette glove box door was taken from a WT Silverado 2006. I almost threw away an L shaped piece of plastic, but realized was the passengers reclining lever. I thought the hood was misaligned, but discovered that the problem was where the drivers fender meets the front fascia...both pieces aren't flush! Be careful with the sharp front edges of the seats rails! It was pulling to the right and improved a little after a visit to the dealer, they will check it again soon.