True sports coupe (Z06)
By Z06 owner on
2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)
I purchased my first Vette ever(Red 2008 Z06). I traded a 07 BMW 335i (I miss it by the way). The Z06 feels very fast and safe. Ggreat handling, great brakes, fat tires, low to the ground, super wide, etc. The looks of this car is just unbelievable. The regular Vette looks so plain and simple compared to the fat fender z06. This car is a real challenge for Ferrari, Porsches, Lamborghinis, you name it. This car screams on the highway, the sound of the engine is spectacular. It makes you want to go to the garage and just start up the car so that you can hear the engine. This car is a perfect sport coupe with a huge trunk (best on its class)
Favorite Features
Appeal (very wide, very low, flared fenders). Huge brakes, wide tires. The gearing makes this car reasonable in highway gas mileage, it is very good for a 505hp car. This car is a compliment magnet, it is attractive to all ages, genders, races, you name it.
Suggested Improvements
Stock XM sounds like junk. Center console gets literally hot (very bad insulation). Trunk never closes, you must try several times. Stereo is mediocre, Bose let us down, I have had cheap cars with better stereo. Dusty brake pads. removable top.