2005 Chevrolet Corvette 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - C-6 Vette Z-51 Convertable

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Review

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

C-6 Vette Z-51 Convertable
By ricatthebeach on

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought mine fully loaded. I don't think there was an option I didn't get. So the base price of $45,900 is misleading as mine cost $67,043 out the door. Everything works great except the power top which is a first year option for the Corvette. I have had a number of problems with its operation. If I had it to do over, I think I would have gone with the manual convertible top and saved a couple of grand. Performace is fantastic. Styling is fabulous. When I drive it, heads turn. Now I know what a beautiful woman goes through when she walks down the street in a tight dress. A lot of sports car for the money. $67,00 doesn't sound like a bargain, but it really is!

Favorite Features

Heads up display and navigation are great. Keyless operation takes some getting used to but is very cool. But the best feature on this car is that 400 hp motor and its handling ability. This car is a performer!

Suggested Improvements

Make the car so the fob transmitter must be in the car for the motor to continue working. If a valet to brought the car to you, got out of the car while running and forget to give you the fob transmitter, you could drive your car home, shut off the engine and not be able to start it again.