2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Colorado
By F McCoy on 03/25/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have the 3.5L crew cab Z71. The ride is very comfortable. The exterior design, in my opinion, is more sleek than the larger trucks. Performance is great, and gas mileage is excellent.

Solid truck!
By pickmeuptruck on 03/14/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Truck is performing great after about 5K miles. I have put on a lot of miles driving in miserable, snowy conditions here in the northeast this winter and the 4 wheel drive has been flawless. The truck handles like it is glued to the road in the slop. Although this is only my first pickup truck (I got rid of my gas guzzling SUV) I would recommend this truck to anyone who is also thinking about switching to a crew cab pickup. Gas mileage is decent and capacity is much better than even the huge SUVs like Expeditions and Navigators.

Great truck
By drew on 03/14/05 11:32 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck rides great. Plenty of power in all conditions. I bring a motorcycle to the track every weekend and the bed has plenty of room for two dirt bikes. Although I am going to get two extra tie downs instaled on the bed rails. I also tow a boat and it seems to tow great. The big tires with the smooth power makes it easy to tow my 3500 lb boat out of bad ramps in the Fla keys.

Jimmy Horton
By James Horton on 03/10/05 15:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my new Colorado. It is very stylish and very fun to drive. The Z71 has an awesome stance and ground clearance. I believe it is the best mid size truck on the market.

Simple but Solid
By FirstNewTruck on 03/06/05 10:12 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It isn't decked out with all sorts of bells and whistles, so if that's what you're looking for this might not be your truck. But it is sharp looking on the road, suprisingly roomy Crew Cab (my three kids car seats fit in the back), pretty good power train, and so far the reliability has been really good . All in all I'm pretty satisfied with it. I bought the Z85 since it's mostly being used for commuting to work, and I have no complaints. I have the Z85 w/ I5, Crew w/4WD.

I love my truck
By allan on 03/04/05 18:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Had my calorado for 2 months now. Excellent little truck with plenty of power. Rides a little stiff. Sharp looking ride though. Interior is cheap looking, but otherwise an all around nice truck. No regrets, yet!! Try one, I think you,ll like it!

Colarado in Pennsylvania
By ronctom on 03/03/05 17:43 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The five cylinder engine is very peppy going up the steep mountain roads, even when fully loaded. The gas mileage is excellent for a pick up truck. The transmission is smooth.

Great!
By Amanda on 02/25/05 09:11 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is perfect for any person. It is not too big, and not too small. It has power when needed, and yet is just as smooth as driving a car, actually probably smoother. I love it!

Not a bad truck
By J in Jax on 02/17/05 12:42 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Not as big as some of the newer trucks by Dodge, Nissan and Toyota, but if you truly want a small truck with decent gas mileage this is a nice truck. The power off the line is kind of weak, but when passing, the truck can handle its own. The power is steady all the way up. Not jumpy like my full size Sierra. I love the Z71 package. It brings the truck up higher but not too high to load things like the new full size trucks. Overall looks really grew on me too. I used to hate the front but it grew on me enough to buy one.

No second guess on this buy
By Mark stalbird on 02/12/05 09:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Had this truck for 8 months now and I'm still surprised at the gas mileage. Best looking truck on the road. This much power for a 5cylinder? You have got to be kidding.