Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Forget the reviews, REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE
By imagesinvinyl

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I owned my truck for about 7 months now, and I was recently involved in a horrendous rollover accident in it. I was a sleeping passenger while a friend drove in route to Portland, OR. Needless to say, he fell asleep, I awoke to the truck losing all control and ultimately flipping several times. It was completely destroyed, not one part was left un-damaged. He and I both were wearing seatbelts, and both walked away. Banged up and bruised, but walked away, or should I say crawled out through a rear door window opening. DON'T TRY THIS, but I am buying another Chevy. We lived with minor injuries.

Handled well off road, and actually jumped it...VERY FUN

Interior trim...The plastic is probably some of Chevrolet's cheesiest plastic used to date, and it shows!! The door panels never quite seated up, and the carpet was pretty generic in comparison. Also, the seating cloth is a bit weak for feel...

This is a great truck!
By Patrick Moore

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Colorado LS. It has plenty of power. It has good looks, and a nicely designed interior that is comfortable. It has nice options including traction control, compass, thermometer, sliding back glass, power windows, auto darkening rearview, fog lights, 3.5 liter engine, 6 cd changer, and a good trim package. It gets good fuel mileage. The pricing was right too. To me there is just no other truck that compares. I get exited just thinking about driving it to work. I just love driving it!

I love the way the engine pushes you back in the seat when you accelerate. I love the styling of the body!

Hmm, not really an improvment but a minor complaint. The front rotors were warped when I drove it off the lot. But the dealership is going to put some new ones on it.

Solid like a rock
By lovethetruck

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great all around truck for me. Love the exterior, sharper than all of the competition. The interior isn't anything special, but it's a truck, not a Cadillac. On long trips my right leg sits uncomfortable due to the transmission hub while using the cruise. But, I am 6'4". I don't haul much, so it was a great fit. Engine has plenty of power and does all that I ask of it. I don't hot rod around town but when I press the gas, it's always been there. Feels like it has more if I needed it. Very fun in snow. The truck brakes well, it doesn't seem to nose-dive at quick stops (could be the Z71 suspension). I averaged 20 mpg all around for the last year. Not one regret since I bought.

Clean lines exterior. Z71 w/o 4WD. Comfortable front seats(cloth buckets) that support well, lumbar is a must. Full size feel to the rear cabin. Great balance of power and ecomomy. Side impact airbags. Responsive steering that holds well wind.

Rear headrests that can be removed for greater visibility-good habit to check blind spots though. Larger fuel tank. 6-speed transmission. Wheel mounted audio controls. Better DIC- Miles to empty, etc.

My 05 Colorado LS
By Terese Foster

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fun truck to drive, very sporty & handles very well. Just wish the seats were little bit more comfortable.

All of it!! OnStar is great

Seats needs to be more comfortable, more contouring to ones body.

First Chevrolet Truck Experience
By BWSwmr

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I received this truck in May as a company vehicle, and since picking it up new, it has 25,000 miles on it. I've experienced only one problem with this vehicle - the coating on the radio buttons chips off, exposing the white plastic behind. All in all, the quality has been un-like that of any other American car I've ever driven. It's solid, well designed, the interior is well executed, and it's extremely quiet. I do find the driver and passenger seats extremely uncomfortable however - all though it's a truck, and sits up high, the seats are essentially on the floor - leaving me with my knees in my chest when driving. Perhaps making all seats power would fix this??

Auto-Dim mirror, versatility of a truck, fuel economy.

Fix the flat, floor-mounted seats. Adress the radio-button problem.