2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Underrated truck
By Dave on 06/30/05 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After much research I decided to get a loaded Colorado crew cab. I have owned Pathfinders and Jeeps and this truck is just as tough. It's getting 20 mpg right out of the box, and the I-5 is smooth and powerful. I know, I just towed my 5600 lbs. Sea Ray 40 miles to the Lake.

Nothing Special but a Great Truck
By scodyt on 06/07/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have only had the truck for two months, and I am finding the more I drive it the more I like it. It is not an impressive vehicle, but is a great daily driver and gets good fuel mileage for a 4x4. I drive about 500 miles a week and am getting better mileage than I ever got in a 2 wheel- drive Blazer 4.3L without losing too much torque.

Awsome Truck
By great truck on 05/19/05 22:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I only have about 3600 miles on my truck so far, but I like it more every day. I towed about a one ton load plus trailer weight, and could not tell it was behind me, even up hills. I average between 18 and 20 mpg city 25 + hwy. I have had a few minor problems a vibration from the tires, and a speaker problem that the dealer has not got fixed yet. I had a bumping noise in the front end when the truck was turned to the left, the service dept. told me that the bolts were too long in my after market steps, but when I told them it was the factory body bolts they just said OH. Other than these minor problems, I have no complaints and have recomended to everyone that this is the truck to buy.

A very sweet truck
By Andrew on 05/14/05 01:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This is my first vehicle, and I leased a 4WD Z71 crew. It's finished in victory red and has chrome pipe steps and the locking hard tonneau cover. The truck is VERY sharp looking and I get plenty of comments on how sharp it is. It is easily the best looking pickup in the segment right now. The I5 engine sounds so good when you rev it up. It's so unique. The transmission is flawless and shifts very well. Ratios are well chosen for a 4-speed auto. The 220hp is great when you tromp the pedal from 40mph. It downshifts into first and will rev up to 6000 until you hit 50mph! This thing really tachs out and revs nicely. I am very pleased with this truck and I would gladly buy another.

'05 Colorado
By Jim on 05/07/05 12:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Basically I like the truck. I haven't had any problems and the truck seems to be a reliable vehicle. It seems tight with no rattles or noises. The seat material is prone to soiling for the workman and a different material is needed. It has enough pick up for me, however the gas mileage is a disappointment for a 2005 vehicle. (14/15 city 20 on the road)It does have the 410 rear

Chevy Colorado, a decent truck
By jms on 05/01/05 10:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After a bad start my Chevy Colorado has proven to be a decent truck. Getting 18 mpg. My bad start had me back at the dealer 4 times to fix a noisy dash. After switching to another dealer they found the hood was the culprit all along. My main complaint is the sound of this engine. It sounds like a Volvo or Audi. Also the gas pedal is too close to the brake pedal. I love the looks of the exterior, but the interior is very basic. It does feel kind of cheap overall. Great rebates and additional dealer discounts made me go with the Chevy instead of the new Toyota or Nissan. I do wish it was a little closer to the other midsize trucks in size, although that does make it easier to fit in the average size garage.

Great Vehicle
By Scott on 04/12/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I highly recommend this truck. I love it, and my wife steals it when she can. Very solid, very comfortable and smooth ride even with the off road suspension. It is a small truck, I have never towed, and if I did, I'd have gotten an F150. Also, no problem with the power, gets up and goes. Check the 0-60 times as tested. It is not as slow as it they make it out to be.

Rich's Colorado
By Richard Hess on 04/03/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I really love this truck! It handles like a sports car, and rides smooth. Nice and peppy. But economical for a truck! Also, it has a real nice look to it.

Good truck
By comeangetit on 03/31/05 14:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My expierience with this truck is outstanding. It is powerful enough to get around in deep snow. It has plenty of room inside and it rides like a dream. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

90 day review
By scotth on 03/26/05 22:01 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

No problems, plenty of get up and go. Just carried a load of sand and mulch with no problems. Engine runs smooth. Nothing fancy, just a nice little truck. About $4K less than a Tacoma. MPG 17-21, with very little highway driving. Time will tell if it will last the 8-10 years I keep my vehicles.