Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2005 Colorado
By shane crumpton

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with I- 5 engine. Ride is good on hi-way, power is good for 5-cyl. The nterior lacks style, has has too much gray. Front tires are worn on inside after 18K overall a good truck. Needs a better sound system.

Favorite Features

Looks good and has style on the outside

Suggested Improvements

Change inside trim and style. Itís kind of boring. Offer better sound system and bucket seats.

Colorado in Michigan
By Rose

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I like the looks, the height, and the handling. I can seat 5 people and, by putting a fiberglass tonneau cover on the bed, I have the greatest "trunk". No putting down seats to haul stuff. During my first snow storm experience, the four-wheel drive functioned great. However,without a rear window defroster, the rear window and back side windows fogged/iced up and my outside mirrors were covered by falling snow, so to me, this is a safety concern. I went to my GM dealer, as well as 5 off-market businesses, looking for a rear window defroster, but no one makes it.

Favorite Features

Seating 5 people and still hauling stuff. Riding higher counts both as a view factor and a safety factor. Four- wheel drive gives me a very safe feeling. My truck feels more solid than a car.

Suggested Improvements

Colorado needs a rear window defroster. Could be more peppy on acceleration.

Forget the reviews, REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE
By imagesinvinyl

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I owned my truck for about 7 months now, and I was recently involved in a horrendous rollover accident in it. I was a sleeping passenger while a friend drove in route to Portland, OR. Needless to say, he fell asleep, I awoke to the truck losing all control and ultimately flipping several times. It was completely destroyed, not one part was left un-damaged. He and I both were wearing seatbelts, and both walked away. Banged up and bruised, but walked away, or should I say crawled out through a rear door window opening. DON'T TRY THIS, but I am buying another Chevy. We lived with minor injuries.

Favorite Features

Handled well off road, and actually jumped it...VERY FUN

Suggested Improvements

Interior trim...The plastic is probably some of Chevrolet's cheesiest plastic used to date, and it shows!! The door panels never quite seated up, and the carpet was pretty generic in comparison. Also, the seating cloth is a bit weak for feel...

This is a great truck!
By Patrick Moore

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Colorado LS. It has plenty of power. It has good looks, and a nicely designed interior that is comfortable. It has nice options including traction control, compass, thermometer, sliding back glass, power windows, auto darkening rearview, fog lights, 3.5 liter engine, 6 cd changer, and a good trim package. It gets good fuel mileage. The pricing was right too. To me there is just no other truck that compares. I get exited just thinking about driving it to work. I just love driving it!

Favorite Features

I love the way the engine pushes you back in the seat when you accelerate. I love the styling of the body!

Suggested Improvements

Hmm, not really an improvment but a minor complaint. The front rotors were warped when I drove it off the lot. But the dealership is going to put some new ones on it.

Solid like a rock
By lovethetruck

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great all around truck for me. Love the exterior, sharper than all of the competition. The interior isn't anything special, but it's a truck, not a Cadillac. On long trips my right leg sits uncomfortable due to the transmission hub while using the cruise. But, I am 6'4". I don't haul much, so it was a great fit. Engine has plenty of power and does all that I ask of it. I don't hot rod around town but when I press the gas, it's always been there. Feels like it has more if I needed it. Very fun in snow. The truck brakes well, it doesn't seem to nose-dive at quick stops (could be the Z71 suspension). I averaged 20 mpg all around for the last year. Not one regret since I bought.

Favorite Features

Clean lines exterior. Z71 w/o 4WD. Comfortable front seats(cloth buckets) that support well, lumbar is a must. Full size feel to the rear cabin. Great balance of power and ecomomy. Side impact airbags. Responsive steering that holds well wind.

Suggested Improvements

Rear headrests that can be removed for greater visibility-good habit to check blind spots though. Larger fuel tank. 6-speed transmission. Wheel mounted audio controls. Better DIC- Miles to empty, etc.