Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2005 Colorado- Not what I expected
By Terri McGinnis

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with 5 engine. I have had too many issues for a new truck. The air conditioning is not very strong, air flow. The interior is very cheap, and cheap looking. The cloth on the front seat is puffing up, of course it is still under warranty, but the whole reason to purchase a new vehicle, is so you don't have to go in for repairs. The truck is not at all what I was expecting. Very disspointed in the truck.

I like the styling of the truck outside, but the inside is not comfortable.

Need big improvement in the interior. Very cheap materials used, headliner, doors, seats etc. More leg room for the back seat, When installing a baby seat for a toddler, there is no leg room for a three year old, her legs are right against the back seat. Need to go back to the drawing board on this.

Z85 CrewCab
By NewColy

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have ~15,000 miles on my '05 Crew Cab 3.5L/auto (build date 5/2005).Comfort and ride is far better. Fuel economy is excellent, summer months I get 18-20 city, 23-24.5 city, winter months are 17- 18 city, 22-23.4 hwy.,17-18 city or hwy towing a double jet-ski trailer(1300lbs total). The stock I5/auto is a little underpowered for a crewcab. The two downfalls I have encountered are fuel economy and power is diminished greatly with any tire change other than stock size and brand. There are too many TSB’s for this truck. It is literally a hit or miss purchase. I would suggest buying a vehicle built after 6/2005, if not, negotiate for the 100k extended warranty. All in all I am very happy with my purchase.

Style, color, instrument cluster design. Fun truck to drive.

Have a 5 speed transmission option for the crewcab 3.5L. Better QC control for engine components.

She's A Keeper
By tonkatruk

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I've owned my crew Z71 for a little over 2 years now, haven't experienced problem one to date. It's funny because my wife has a Sequoia that she just had to have, purchased it before I bought my truck. 9 times out of 10 if she's running out for an errand she grabs my keys! With a daughter just beginning to drive guess who's vehicle she constantly want's to take as well. I may be needing to buy another one here in the near future, hope they put one out soon with a 6 cylinder, that would make my day. I'm getting about 21.7 MPG on the highway with a full crew in it, not too bad for a crew pick-up. Love the Z71 stance, feels big ... without the cost of driving big. Kudos to Chevy on this one.

I like the bench seat with the ability to throw in a 6th occupant when in need. Also, like the Z71 suspension without having to add the 4 wheel drive. Handling around town and on the highway is firm and predictable.

Upgrade to interior plastics, maybe more textures instead of the simulated grain. More choices of seat fabrics and carpet.

2005 Colorado
By shane crumpton

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with I- 5 engine. Ride is good on hi-way, power is good for 5-cyl. The nterior lacks style, has has too much gray. Front tires are worn on inside after 18K overall a good truck. Needs a better sound system.

Looks good and has style on the outside

Change inside trim and style. It’s kind of boring. Offer better sound system and bucket seats.

Colorado in Michigan
By Rose

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I like the looks, the height, and the handling. I can seat 5 people and, by putting a fiberglass tonneau cover on the bed, I have the greatest "trunk". No putting down seats to haul stuff. During my first snow storm experience, the four-wheel drive functioned great. However,without a rear window defroster, the rear window and back side windows fogged/iced up and my outside mirrors were covered by falling snow, so to me, this is a safety concern. I went to my GM dealer, as well as 5 off-market businesses, looking for a rear window defroster, but no one makes it.

Seating 5 people and still hauling stuff. Riding higher counts both as a view factor and a safety factor. Four- wheel drive gives me a very safe feeling. My truck feels more solid than a car.

Colorado needs a rear window defroster. Could be more peppy on acceleration.