2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Nice but not like my prior 1997 c/k1500
By Dianne on 08/19/08 05:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wished I never traded my 1997 CK1500. That truck gave me hell of problems but was worth the 5.7 performance engine was issues were cleared under warranty. Not the fuel costs though. I put over 300k on that truck and decided to buy the 2005 Chevy Colorado with many of the bells and whistles to satisfy driving needs. Well, I made several complaints on the craftmanship build of the metal of this truck. It flexes way to much IMO on the highways. Got just thank you but Colorados are safe. Other than that, absolutely no mechanical problems, or body. Fuel cost vs my 97 difference is 3 gals per commute day. Performance, you can live with it for near v6 type engine I got.

GM fails again!
By dhectorg on 07/29/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I grew up in a GM household and as an adult, I too only drove GM cars for years. Then I decided to try a Honda to see what all the fuss was about. I was so shocked by the superior quality and reliability that I never went back to American...until now. I needed a work truck and something to drive on camping trips. I honestly only bought the Colorado because it was so much cheaper than a comparable used Tacoma or Frontier. After 6 months of driving this truck, Ive decided to sell it and look for a Toyota or Nissan. I've had to repair the transfer case, replace the clutch, replace relays, replace windshield weather seal, etc. I'm going back to Japanese. I know I can count on their quality!

2005 that has given me no problems
By Debis on 07/14/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My daughter and I fell in love with the Colorado crew cab on first sight and I have not been disappointed. We drove it home the same day we laid eyes on it. Did the recall on the brake lights and dealt with the ac switch but I have had no other problems. It is a perfect size for me and my big yellow dog that thinks the truck belongs to him. Gas mileage is much better when I pay attention to my speed.

Not as good as a Toyota
By Jake on 06/18/08 13:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck instead of a Tacoma and wish that I did not. My full size GMC Z71 was better on fuel, better comfort, and better made. I average 16.5 mpg in Va. I got 17 - 18mpg on the 5.3l V8. The truck is noisy, and the interior does not appear that it will hold up. This will be my last Colorado.

Worst new vehicle purchase I've made
By kokomoan on 05/05/08 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I had the vehicle in for warranty work 11 times. Electrical problems since early on that the dealership said they couldn't find; replaced 5 headlamps, 4 brake lamps, and the majority of interior lights while still under warranty. Other items replaced: power window motor, heater control switch, rails for front seat. Today I took it to get u-joints replaced, third front end alignment, rear brake shoes. Mgr said these "shoes" were most expensive he has seen! He said all parts for it are high. Watch out if you need front rotors replaced; make inquiry!) gas mileage 13/15.(4 cyl, sticker said 18/25) At present, pwr windows, locks, mirror control, 5 int lights, 3 ext lights not working. 62K miles

Great Small Truck
By Chevy/Isuzu Whatever on 04/11/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I leased this truck over a full size truck for the cost, better mileage and added space in the garage. It was a great choice as it has met every task given with a far less expense of the full size trucks. I have pulled trailers, hauled materials and even been off road a few times all the while satisfied with the purchase. Given gas prices I love being able to drive a truck and getting 18 mpg in the city. I wished I would have purshased the truck instead of leasing it. I definitely would have kept it.

'05 Colorado 2.8L Crew Cab LS
By Phase700B on 04/05/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this Colorado as a Chevy program vehicle from the dealer. It had a great option package, is a crew cab LS and has both OnStar and XM radio. The clincher was the Granite Blue color which makes the truck look upscale. It hauls my 1500lb boat trailer & also a small utility trailer with no trouble. It's not a rocket,but very surprising in what it can do for a 4cyl. Around town we get 17-19mpg and hwy 24-26mpg. Lower numbers are for winter driving, higher reflect wind or hwy speed. I drive 65-70 hwy. Love that it came with power windows/locks, AC, OnStar, 6CD/XM Radio, locking differential, and traction ctrl. '06 and later can not get these last 2 options on 4cyl crew cab LS.

Works fine for me
By Bradley Boersema on 03/28/08 16:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my pickup for 2 years now, and I have only had to take it in once for a fuel sensor. Other than that I have had no problems with it. It's a great little commuter and play truck. I have even added several of my own feaures that was so easy to instal on this particular model (C B radio and anntennas, touch screen DVD/radio, side running lights, cold air intake). I love this truck and so does every one else in the neighborhood.

perfect
By pb on 02/26/08 18:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Truck was my office. Put over 103,735 miles on in two and half yrs. Rear ujoint only thing replaced besides tires. From the hottest humid weather to -12 actual temp no problems starting. Rolled begining of feb 08 on to roof. Truck totaled. Cab held up with windshield spider cracking in one corner and that's it. Walked away no sctraches. Drove truck home when rolled onto wheels.

Decent but could be better
By olcrank on 12/04/07 09:38 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Everything about this truck is pretty good. Nothing is falling off, it handles and drives pretty well, it's good looking, just not exciting. Chevy could make a few changes and have a great truck instead of a bland truck.