Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Suspension
By wayne

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The vehicle was purchased in 07 with only 15k. .I drove it through the winter and summer without problem. Possibly ran 5k.In the fall of the year I was on a dirt trail, rough road for the weekend trip. Afterwards I had to replace the front ball joints as they had been worn. Also all four shocks were leaking fluid and I replaced those also. The original shocks are not much more than a piece of plastic covering a cylinder My neighbor had just purchased a new Colorado, 4 cylinder,two wheel drive (2009)and his shocks are the same as what I had. I have a 4x4 what is up with that? The factory shocks and front end parts are garbage.I replaced with after market .So much for Mr.Goodwrench

I have the larger engine 3.5ltr, It does well on fuel as far as trucks are concerned. Nice to have the 4x push button when needed

Ergonomics.. The push buttons for the 4x controls are located directly above the stereo/cd player. Inadvertently I have at times placed the vehicle in 4x while tuning or the children have. Place controls on the left driver side as you have done on other models

Better fuel milage
By kellylag3

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I get 500km per tank (17mpg). It doesn't matter if I am in the city 90km an hour or 120km. 500 ALWAYS. Ive had to issues with the truck at all! Parks better then a full size. Have not found any advantage to the 5 cylinder.

size, style, layout of the inside.

Better gas mileage for a small vehicle. should of put a V6 in it.

Good truck for the money
By damone

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 used in Feb. of 2009, so far one problem a/c fan only working on high but dealer fixed under warranty. Besides that it drives well and gas mileage is pretty good for long trips as long us stay under 75mph. Also seems to handles very good in off road situations. Overall good value for money.

Heated leather seats and auto locking rear differential.

Make interior more attractive and functional

Very Reliable Truck - Trailers Great!!
By scott

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had pretty good luck with this Chevy. I bought it with 8K miles, and it now has 52K miles. I have driven across country with a boat trailer weighing 2500 lbs, as well as a camper weighing 3000 lbs, and also a camper weighing 4000 lbs. It pulled all of the trailers smoothly with no problem. It has the sport suspension package which helps great for handling. The longest drive with a trailer was about 600 miles, and it was the 4000 lb(24 ft) camper, I had no problem keeping it at 60-65 mph across KS and MO. I had the stabilizer bars on. It handles a trailer great with the added Class III hitch, aftermarket. Best gas mileage I had was 26mpg with full bed going 65mph.

I like the daytime running lamps, fog lamps and the low stance. It also has very easy to use controls. It can haul a motorcycle just fine with the tailgate held halfway open.

Offer an upgrade available to increase the older 3.5L to 3.7L. I would like a little bit more room in the rear seat for passengers.

Nice looking but too many problems
By PHOQUR

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Got this truck and it was great. The promise of an inline 5 engine to save gas seemed promising but it burns gas hard. The first thing to go bad was the air conditioning, it would just stop and only the highest speed (4) would work and the others would start when they want to. Then there was a problem where the brake lights would stop working, had to take it in to the dealer to fix these problems a lot and just the brake switch is OK now after we found there was a recall on the brake switch. The engine has this problem now that the dealer claims to have fixed twice where the RPM drops low/stalls and causes overheating cause engine fan spins too slow and the lights get dim.

4WD on the fly, the styling, windows work without key in ignition if door was not opened, with a lot of weight in back didnt seem to have much problems.

Fix the suspension problems. I cannot press the gas pedal on any bumpy roads or it feels like it's about to spin out, and ride is much too bumpy even for a truck, drove a tacoma and felt wrong choice was made