2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Awesome truck
By Keith on 12/27/04 15:33 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck all around. Z71 Crew 3.5L I5 with 3.73 gears is good on gas and has good acceleration. Good interior room. Nicest riding midsize pickup on the market. Best looking pickup on the Market.

All of the Above
By rollingshadow on 12/22/04 19:21 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck so far. Bought a 2004 from the internet based only on the available reviews, features, price, and looks. Everything was true. Good power, torque, handling, ride quality, interior and bed space. Mediocre interior, flat bucket seats, lots of plastic. After 3000 miles I am very happy. The I5 and 4L60e work together beautifully. Quick shifts and instant downshifts. No busy shifting. Excellent ride quality and impressive handling for a small truck. The new I5 engine is impressive but has to prove it's long term reliability. I am so happy to finally drive a vehicle that has over 200 ft lbs of torque available from a small engine.

Great Step Up From Old S10!
By Rusty_fwg on 12/22/04 16:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After driving and comparing many mid size trucks, I can now say I am more than pleased with my choice with the colorado. I have a reg. cab 5cyl z71 4x4 and have found it can get around in the worst possible places i could stick it. Gas mileage is good, better than a full size truck by far, and gets even better with a little weight in the back end. Has good sound and turns well. Factory stereo with tweeters is good, but will be adding a subwoofer for a little more umph. Tons more power and better feel than the new ranger, and is a lot better suited than the dakota. Best domestic small truck by far, I would tell anyone to pick one up!! Rusty

High Smileage Red Hauler
By BK Culbertson on 12/08/04 12:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This is a great truck! I traded out of luxury cars to trucks and never looked back. Mileage is very good, comfort on long trips is excellent, hauling ability is terrific, and Colorado's fun to drive!! I looked at Toyotas(high price, low value), Dodge(felt like tin, too hard to drive), ford(your grandpa's truck, sluggish and sloppy), Nissan(all sizzle, no meat). Chevy built an absolute winner with the Colorado and GMC with the Canyon. As soon as I got mine, 2 friends bought 'em! Get one!

It's about time
By purdueguy on 11/30/04 11:25 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This was my first truck purchase and I wasn't disappointed. The Z71 package provides a stiff ride, which reminds me that I'm in a truck. I get better gas mileage that my previous two SUVs. The truck is the perfect size. The baby seat fits in the rear seat, and I have no problem with parking (even in downtown Chicago). Overall, I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Great overall truck
By s10man on 11/16/04 13:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a combination of power and fuel economy, this is the one. Absolutely tight and well executed.

quality control
By ttcc on 11/13/04 20:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

very poor fit of both front doors an hood. right front door outside door handle was never tightened

Like It Not Love It
By Hammer Time on 11/12/04 14:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck if you don't need or want a full size truck. I had a S10 with a 4.3 V6. This 5cyl has plenty of go power but I miss the engine braking. When you back off the gas it coast on and on. I'm afraid this will wear the brakes out sooner. The frame is much stifer and the ride on this 4x4 with the Z71 package is better then what I had with the 2wd S10.

Best new truck around.
By Chevydriver on 11/05/04 19:04 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Z85 LS 2wd Crew Cab with the I5 3.5L engine and auto tran. This truck replaced a '97 S-10 LS Ext. Cab. Although the truck is really new, I don't see any outstanding complaints. It is very fuctional and most of all, fun to drive. The features you get these days on GM trucks is impressive for the price. I did my comparison homework and found that with all the rebates from GM and low MSRP, the Colorado is the best value in its class. Althoug the Crew Cab shortens the bed to 5', it does not look carlike compared to a Ford Sport-trac. With the additon of the towing package you have room for 5 people, the gear in the bed and a smaller "toy" to haul to the lake or woods!

My first Chevy
By Lance T on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Truck is two months old. Appears to be well build, and is very fun to drive. Engine and drive train are very smooth and have plenty of power (although a bit noisy when you get on it). Rear seat backs severly limit visability. Seats need to be more supportive and less firm. Other than those issues, I love it so far. Great curb appeal too!