Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab
By steppen_out

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It is easy to drive, has good pickup and go. Rides like a car. Glad we bought it.

Fits 4 adults easy. Comfortable.

Take the cupholder in backseat out of the seat area and put them on the door so you can utilize the center seating for a small child.

Don't read the Professionals
By Nolan

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Don't read the professional reviewer's articles about this truck. They said the power of the 5cyl was only adequate. So on the test drive I gave it a little extra gas. It squealed the rear tires out of the dealership! I takes off faster than my old F150 with a V8. Tons of room inside make you feel like you are in a much bigger truck. The Z71 suspension rides great. It's not harsh at all. After more than 15 years of Fords I have switched.

The room, and the room, and did I say the room! Power is more than enough.

A bigger center arm rest but then it would intrude into seat space. I'll live with it. Biggest problem, rear vision. The back seat head rests block the rear window. But you have to have them for safety, to protect passenger's heads from the back window.

Rippen Fun
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The 3500 5cyl. Vortec engine in my extended cab kept right up on a Camaro SS. This truck has very great power and unreal gas mileage to go with it. Only two things I don't absolutly love about the truck is no reclining seats and wheels come too small stock. Overall you can't beat the price. It's the best deal on a midsize truck and it will smoke any other midsize truck. You cant go wrong with this one.

The power and gas mileage to match. Unbelievable.

Bigger stock wheels. Reclining seats

Love my truck
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado when the S-10 that I was driving died, and it was a very good decision I must say. I was looking into other light duty trucks, but I am glad that I chose the Colorado. It get's better gas mileage than any of the other trucks I was looking at, and right now that's pretty important. What I was suprised about was that for being only a 5 cylinder truck, it has more power than I expected it to.

Love the 6 - disc in dash CD changer

A bigger bed would be nice, I haul a lot of stuff in my truck and a lot of times I find it hard to fit everything that I wish to put in it.

Silver Bullet
By S W T

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a huge improvement over my 95 S-10. Much larger, taller, tighter, more powerful. The 5-cyl, 3500 motor is responsive. Not race like performance (it is a truck), but quick when needed. The transmission does tend to search for the right gear too much. The truck is extremely quiet, has a solid but comfortable ride, and has adequate gas milage for a mid size pickup. Making the Z-71 suspension available in a 2WD is a good move by Chevrolet. The package makes the truck look much better without the expense of 4WD on a vehicle that will not be taken off road.

Exterior design is awesome. This truck is a real head turner

Make the transmission and torque converter more sure of where they need to be. A little better gas milage.