Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Love my truck
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado when the S-10 that I was driving died, and it was a very good decision I must say. I was looking into other light duty trucks, but I am glad that I chose the Colorado. It get's better gas mileage than any of the other trucks I was looking at, and right now that's pretty important. What I was suprised about was that for being only a 5 cylinder truck, it has more power than I expected it to.

Favorite Features

Love the 6 - disc in dash CD changer

Suggested Improvements

A bigger bed would be nice, I haul a lot of stuff in my truck and a lot of times I find it hard to fit everything that I wish to put in it.

Silver Bullet
By S W T

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a huge improvement over my 95 S-10. Much larger, taller, tighter, more powerful. The 5-cyl, 3500 motor is responsive. Not race like performance (it is a truck), but quick when needed. The transmission does tend to search for the right gear too much. The truck is extremely quiet, has a solid but comfortable ride, and has adequate gas milage for a mid size pickup. Making the Z-71 suspension available in a 2WD is a good move by Chevrolet. The package makes the truck look much better without the expense of 4WD on a vehicle that will not be taken off road.

Favorite Features

Exterior design is awesome. This truck is a real head turner

Suggested Improvements

Make the transmission and torque converter more sure of where they need to be. A little better gas milage.

Great Truck
By Brian Ludwig

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My wife and I have owned our Colorado for just over a year now. She uses it to travel for work and as our grocery getter. So far the truck has only given us one problem and that is with the sterio speakers. We keep the oil changed and the tires balanced and rotated, the alignment gets checked every 3 to 4 months, and is only slightly out in toe as expected. Other than that, basic maintainance, and the truck is awesome. I would recomend this truck to anyone wanting a clear view of the road and who doesn't tow heavy loads, especially if you have kids or pets. We just wish it got a little better milage (Best 22 on highway, 19 in town). Thank you Chevrolet.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, clear view of road, great handling, strong engine for size of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

A little better engine and computer tuning for better fuel consumption, maybe a cabin air filter or two, built in trash bag holder for my wifes junk, just kidding.

Very satisfied, but room for change
By Scott

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The appearance of the 05 Colorado is one of the best I've seen. The four door design and the addition of the side curtain airbags were a selling point. I have noticed tight quarters near the gas/brake pedals which concern me the longer I drive it. The exhaust noise doesn't seem to fit the statement the tough exterior makes. With a few changes I'm confident that the Colorado will be the leading compact truck on the market.

Favorite Features

XM, 6-disc CD changer, exterior designe, side curtain airbags and auto dimming rear view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

More leg and foot room, 6 cyl option instead of the 5 cyl, compass/outdoor temp on LS model's.

Like a Rock! Z71 Colorado
By Kevin

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Plain and simple truck inside. No problems with layout of panels and radio. Outside looks great. Rough and ready. Just to give you an idea. I was leaving work and I witnessed a gentlemen standing in the parking lot saying as I pulled out "Nice looking truck"! Chevy got it right with this truck. You can't go wrong. I couldn't pass up the employee pricing and got a loaded Z71, AT, 4 dr crew cab. You can't be the MPG. I am getting 20 in town and 23 on the hiway.

Favorite Features

MPG, Looks, response from engine performance.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seats to tilt. 90 degree angles stink. Auto up on drivers window and auto down on passengers window.