Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

2007 Chevy Coupe LT2
By lillipad86

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love it! It's like a relationship, it takes work. There's somethings to get used to but for the price, it's an unbelievably great buy! Get a sunroof if you can, its a great feature that I find myself using everyday! (weather permitting)

Fool proof! No popping of a gas latch. Tells you "Low Fuel" when you've got under 40miles. Tells your MPG at any given time. Gives you the coolant temp, outdoor temp, oil life expectancy in %, tells you when the 2nd passenger isnt buckled, passenger air bag turns on at over 80lbs. Automatic lights.

Standard stereo volume isn't loud, doesn't handle bass well. Horrible blind spots, especially w/the spoiler. Bucket seat head rest is angled sharply towards your head. Front grille & bumper could be less plastic looking and support the "sport" type of car it is. Trunk opening so small!

Underestimated
By jdc7659

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt is more capable and fun to drive than any of its competitors.

The car has an ample amount of power, and once you get used to its handling it is a lot of fun to drive.

Interior trim is the only problem that I see with this car.

Very pleased
By archcommus

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an 07 LS coupe in May, this is my first new car and also my first GM car. Have to say I'm very pleased so far. Love the exterior looks, love the dash and interior layout, plenty of space for me and comfortable seats, excellent gas mileage (currently getting about 29.7 city), fun to drive, smooth ride, great features (automatic headlights, auxiliary audio jack, MP3 player), affordable, all in all a great car to own and drive.

Excellent gas mileage, automatic headlights, MP3 player, aux audio jack, comforable seats and well-positioned headrests.

Maybe slightly less cheap interior door handles and glove box, larger trunk entry would be nice, really that's about it.

Affordable, reliable, and fun!
By Laura

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking into something sporty and reliable. The black Chevy Cobalt Coupe (not the sedan - wasn't fond of the four door) definitely had both! Can't beat the price: under $13k - brand new! Especially for what it has to offer. I've had my car for about half a year and it still responds as it did the when I put in it's first miles. It's not the SS of course, but you gotta love the pick up and handling. The gas mileage is average - I guess I was expecting a bit more (but not bad to be honest). This car is great for 2 people and if you want to put some people in the back, front seat gotta scoot up (depending on people's size). Love the overall design, but mostly impressed with it's price.

Digital displays buttons on steering wheel. Dark - almost black - carpet. Great room in the front. Good stock stereo. Big trunk. Love the overall structure on the exterior. Great on tight turns. I tinted the windows and back lights and the car totally looks slick. Would look clean just a bit dropped!

No power locks/windows on an 07? Come on. (had to install the power locks myself). Doors have 45 & 90 degree open, so sometimes it can swing open too far - careful! Trunk is big, but opening is small? Would totally love arm rests! Backing out can be hard - blind spots. Test it first to be comfortable!

First 4banger
By CC SS

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car a lot. It's my 1st brand new car and 1st 4 cyl. It's a blast to drive for what it is and I love the sound system. I love the laser blue, i was told there was only 1 more blue 5 speed like it within 200m radius. My old cars were T/A's so its still slow to me but its quick enougbh to be fun and handles very well in turns. I got a lot more than what I was expecting for this little 4 cyl. Now to get a procharger

The color, sound system and how it levels how when you smoke tires

Dont kill the S/C next year. Let the people find the car. Get it into games. Still not many people know about how good this car is for tuning