Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Affordable, reliable, and fun!
By Laura

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking into something sporty and reliable. The black Chevy Cobalt Coupe (not the sedan - wasn't fond of the four door) definitely had both! Can't beat the price: under $13k - brand new! Especially for what it has to offer. I've had my car for about half a year and it still responds as it did the when I put in it's first miles. It's not the SS of course, but you gotta love the pick up and handling. The gas mileage is average - I guess I was expecting a bit more (but not bad to be honest). This car is great for 2 people and if you want to put some people in the back, front seat gotta scoot up (depending on people's size). Love the overall design, but mostly impressed with it's price.

Digital displays buttons on steering wheel. Dark - almost black - carpet. Great room in the front. Good stock stereo. Big trunk. Love the overall structure on the exterior. Great on tight turns. I tinted the windows and back lights and the car totally looks slick. Would look clean just a bit dropped!

No power locks/windows on an 07? Come on. (had to install the power locks myself). Doors have 45 & 90 degree open, so sometimes it can swing open too far - careful! Trunk is big, but opening is small? Would totally love arm rests! Backing out can be hard - blind spots. Test it first to be comfortable!

First 4banger
By CC SS

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car a lot. It's my 1st brand new car and 1st 4 cyl. It's a blast to drive for what it is and I love the sound system. I love the laser blue, i was told there was only 1 more blue 5 speed like it within 200m radius. My old cars were T/A's so its still slow to me but its quick enougbh to be fun and handles very well in turns. I got a lot more than what I was expecting for this little 4 cyl. Now to get a procharger

The color, sound system and how it levels how when you smoke tires

Dont kill the S/C next year. Let the people find the car. Get it into games. Still not many people know about how good this car is for tuning

My first new car!
By Delcorbett

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this car and am nothing but happy so far. It is my daily commuter and I have nothing bad to say so far. It gets me to work and it runs great. Good on gas and very fun to drive. Anything beats my old Crown Vic on gas, but this one is great. This is no race car but it gets out of its own way very well.

Gas mileage. The radio shows the stations name, and the song and artist. Very nifty feature and I don't have to get home to see the playlist on the stations site.

The interior plastic is a little cheap feeling but I am sure it will hold up fine for a daily commuter.

Ticket me red
By miller1

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Like we all say, fun to drive, great looks, great price. Good choice. Was pulled over once already with 800 miles on it (warning).

6 discs cd, heated leather seats, sun roof, handling. Looks smooth.

Better seat design, more tilt on steering wheel, move parking brake, more power.

Cobalt is a Keeper
By Kevin

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new red Cobalt LS 5-speed 2-dr coupe about 3 weeks ago. This is my first new GM vehicle, and I am very pleased with it so far. It is comfortable and fairly quiet, and has a very nice interior layout. The EPA rates it at 25/34 mpg city/hwy, but I got 33.6 mpg on my first tank, and 35.9 mpg on the second. My commute is 20 miles each way, mostly Interstate highways, but including weekends I expect that it is about 25% local/75% highway driving. I am driving efficiently, but I still keep up with traffic on I95 (70-75 mph). I use the A/C as necessary. It isn't as powerful as my 86 Mustang GT, but is still quite fun. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Body style of the 2-dr, fuel economy, A/C, price with rebates and dealer discount.

Standard side airbags would be nice.