2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Still Reliable at >121,000 Miles
By momalley1 on 08/13/14 16:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Dec. 2007 and have put more than 121K miles on it. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Other than replacement of the recalled ignition switch and electric power steering motor; and a repositioning and splicing of the daytime running light harness at the radiator support and oiling of the HVAC fan, this car has had no other maintenance other than prescribed preventive service, which I do myself. Maintenance on this car is simple and not expensive.

Reliable and sporty
By jeaninmt on 07/27/14 21:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,000. Put on 150,000 miles. We live in Montana and it winters well. Its gone through 3 brake jobs but no other repairs. Mpg on highway mid 30 mpg, less in winter. Not made for gravel roads which we live on. The wheels go out of balance easily with mud and dirt or snow build up. It's not a car for teaching kids to drive as the steering is a little too quick. Trunk is tight to get a cooler in. A small kids bike will go in. It's amazing in parking lots and great for quick acceleration to get on the freeway.

Expensive Mistake
By cmbear on 07/11/14 02:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 10k miles. Loved it at first, then the it revealed its' true colors. I have replaced the wheel bearings, sway bars, control arms and bushings three times. The second time the repair was under warranty. The first and third were quite expensive. Additionally, the inside door handles have peeled. I have just paid it off and am ready to get rid of this monster. Learned my lesson. Chevy won't get my business again.

So DONE with Chevys
By samaochoa on 08/04/13 11:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had any huge major probs happen, other than the 2 recalls fuel pump and power steering pumps, which Chevy fixed. I have had lots of electrical probs, the wire burnt up on the blower motor, I fixed that and now my ac/heater is stuck in defrost, it will go hot and cold and you hear the compressor kicking on and off, but its stuck in defrost. Its always small things, but Im done. I only owe $600 on the damn thing and a trade in is in the near future. I loved my cavalier, never had a prob that's why I traded it in for a cobalt and probs since day 1

Never Again!
By madashell11 on 05/22/13 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

Excellent car
By bloodytrenches on 05/04/13 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 cobalt LS auto-trans in 09 with 40K miles as a bank repo. Today it has 105K. Ive never had to have major work done. The most expensive repairs have been the front wheel bearings 200-300. The passenger one went out a couple years ago and just now the drivers side is going. I've had quite a few wheel alignments but not in the past 2 years since took it back to the machanic since it was still out of alignment. The tires still don't wear evenly, but I am rough on cars and the roads I drive on are terrible. When it rains or snows I slide easily at the stop sign, but no issues on the road as long as I don't speed. Oh I forgot, something went wrong with my radio after a car hit me

I HATE this car!!
By madwomanraving on 12/13/12 05:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it brand new off the lot with 3 miles on it in 2007. It is now 2012, it has 137,000 miles on it. As soon as the warranty was up..BOOM clutch went out. I got it repaired at a lovely 1200.00 and 2 years later...it's out again...replaced it AGAIN another 1200.00 and the next year...transmission goes. Long story short..I am currently installing the FOURTH clutch on this car and it has it's 3rd transmission installed. Apparently there is a little secret with the defective Syncros and the fact that the MORONS at GM used ATF in my Manual Trans vehicle due to a design flaw that has a smaller hole for the fluid to go through. GM this car sucks & I will NEVER buy one or recommend one.

Good for the first 30K
By billyblurst on 08/07/12 04:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because it was the right price. 6 months after the purchase date, the gearbox had to be taken-apart. Within a year and a half from the purchase date, a control arm bushing, wheel bearing, and the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. Again. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra coin from the get-go, because if you buy a Cobalt it'll cost you the same as a Charger or a Crown Vic in the long-run, but all you'll have in the end is a Cobalt.

[violative content deleted]
By morganchay on 07/14/11 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got this car I loved it, super cheap on gas, smooth ride... but slowly problems become nothing but common. When I fuel up I have to push my gas pedal as I start my car, even though it is a fuel injected car... Just recently when I started my car out of nowhere it was idling as if it was a diesel engine vehicle and it definitively is not a diesel engine. As well as it has barely any power and has trouble getting up to speed. Most people have told me it could be lifters, transmission, or timing belt. My car does have a lot of mileage and I know with a lot of mileage comes issues but these issues are all to common with other Cobalts. If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated

Cute and Decent Car
By Nina on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my chevy cobalt for almost 2 weeks now and so far no major complaints. The ride is smooth. When I go over rough bumps on the road I can hardly feel it. The braking system is very good so far and the handling isn't that bad either. The car drives fine and the engine is very quiet. Acceleration is decent and the car is rather easy to control. The inside of the car is very nice. I like the overall layout and the audio system. Some people say that the interior of the car feels cheap and plastic. In my opinion I think it is pretty sturdy and not that bad at all. Overall this was a great buy for me and hopefully I will enjoy this car for a few years.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.