1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Reliable work horse.
By wrbuzz on 05/26/10 12:42 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought new off lot in 1990 in ca, and put heavy annual miles on la freeways. 20 mpg with the 4.3 v6. Moved to nj six years later, it towed everything I owned. Maxed out. Over the Rockies. And no complaints. Since 1996 it's been a home/farm work truck. As a 6,4: guy, this truck is a perfect fit. It's always been a real joy to drive, 5 speed manual, and the vortec v6 is as reliable as I could have wanted. One transmission replaced before the move, but other than that. Little else other than routine maintenance. The jack ratchet recently broke. Hard to find part. This thing is rock solid dependable, and carries well in excess of spec'd load regularly. Hope I didn't jinx it now!

My bad luck
By banditxkr on 04/10/09 22:54 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Reading these other reviews, I feel as though I got a dud. This truck has been nothing but problems. I've had it for ten years now and so far I've had to rebuild the clutch, replace the rear end, replace the fuel tank, and much more trivial stuff. This truck has left me sitting on the side of the road at least 3 times so far. Everything electrical in this truck from the radio to the speedometer has been on the fritz for the last 5 years. It only has 138000 miles on it and its junk. The fuel economy sucks for a 6 cylinder and the power is non-existent. It's also rusted out. This engine is too small for this size of a truck. Maybe this is just my bad luck though

This is a TRUCK!
By christhibeau on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had this truck for 7 years and i have used it for everything from pulling stumps in the yard, to moving to hauling trash and it always comes back for more. I now have over 180,000 miles on it and it is getting tired, but it has never broke down on me. before parts go, i just have it addressed before it blows up. It has common 350 problems ( valve guide seals, oil consumption) but over all it was a very good value for the buck.