Chevy Makes great Engines
By RedWolf4000 on
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I am quite impressed with this 03 chevy cavalier. I used to drive a toyota corolla, 93, which was quite reliable but had many electrical problems, and started to eat up oil at 100k of its life. We have had many chevys into the 300k's and havnt ever felt the need to check the oil. First things first, this cavalier is fast (for its class and price) especially if you get the standard tranny. Nothing feels cheap about the interior or exterior and the car is very attractive. With dealer incentives off the msrp right now you cant go wrong. Stock stereo is great, although i got the highest package. Quick accel., 30mpg, great handling.
Favorite Features
I am a do it myself guy so i would say one of my favorite features on the ecotec 2.2L is the drop in oil filter, its right next to the battery, and saves alot of time. Stereo is great also. My favorite feature has to be the quick accelaration for the $$.
Suggested Improvements
My only complaint is that when you set your climate controls to the front window defrost, you have no choice but to have the AC running. It automatically goes on, i suppose to guarentee that your window will defog. You should be able to turn it off at this setting.