2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
You get what you pay for
By dustyrose2 on 07/01/12 10:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2006 with 60K miles. Its has needed alot of repairs, all my gauges stopped working in 2009, windshield wipers wont stop when you turn them off since 2010, air conditioner makes a constant ticking/clicking sound all the time since right after i bought it, I replaced the engine coils 2x, replaced ignition control module 6x, replaced water pump, fuel pump, clutch, many others cant remember everything, my timing belt started going out last week so I finally traded it in for a new car. Inside of the car is very cheap and basic, but hey the car was cheap and you get what you pay for. The gas mileage was excellent, I say its a good starter car for a teenager.

Dont buy a 2004 cavalier RUN!!!!
By hatecavalier04 on 02/13/12 10:27 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cavalier.......when it is running! dont ever buy one I bought it with 65,000 miles on it and it has been worked on more than I have driven it. I take very good care of my cars but with this one it doesn't matter. It is cheaply made everywhere you look.it had an electrical problem which I spent a fortune to fix, probably way more than the car is worth. My cd player, radio and interior lights do not work still. If I try to put a fuse in it it just sparks...Im sure there is a short some where but im not putting any more money in this car. I have replaced the alternator multiple times with brand new ones. It dry starts, gauges dont work, replaced timing chain kit, etc. on and on

Nice little car
By Darrell Hovermale on 12/04/04 09:29 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in Feb. 04, primarily for a commuter car. So far it has been very reliable. It just has a likeability. Also the $4,000 rebate GM was offering at that time influenced my decision to purchase. Our other car is a 2000 Honda Civic that my wife drives. It's also a great little car, but I prefer to drive the Chevy.

cavalier review
By damian on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i am sastify with this car as far as the gas mileage,as far as the guality of is interior my opinion is that it is very cheap.I also had problems with the seals in the windshild it cause some water damage.I am very sastify with the exterior design.I had not other problem so far with this car.

I love this car!
By Jenny Mariner on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had it for 1 month, but we've already put 2000 miles on it. It's really not bad on gas considering all the running we do. I got a 5 speed, and it's really easy to drive. I'm very happy with it so far.

Can't beat this price!
By yortch on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Compared to its competitors (Civic, Corolla, etc.), this car beats them in price (10.7K), engine (2.2L), and size (180 in. lenght). The design is a bit outdated, and I believe this car will soon be replaced by the Cobalt, but I know I can't a get an equivalent new car for this price!

Nice Little Car
By REMICH on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavalier is a lot of car for the money. Plenty of power and torque, handles well and gets good gas mileage even at 75 mph. The style should be updated though. The chassis is pretty solid, but I have an annoying squeak in the front suspension that they only seem able to fix for about 2000 miles at a time. The manual 5 speed takes some hunting for gears and even after 10,000 miles I still get the wrong gear sometimes. All in all though, it's well worth the $10,700 I paid for it.

CAVALIER is one of the BEST COMPACTS!!
By carlvr1 on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had 45 different cars in the past. I drive my personal car for a living and can tell you that I have actually OWNED (not just test-driven) almost every car in this class! Just look at the Cavalier's POWER, PRICE and GAS MILEAGE and compare it to any car in this class. Is the platform dated (aka-RELIABLE)-YES. Also, I read that the 5-Speed is not very good. WHAT?? The 5-Speed Transmission is a GETRAG "Made in Italy" 5-Speed and is easily as good as the Honda 5-Speed Transmission I had in my Insight.

C-LooS-E REV
By CLOOSE19 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoyed driving my car because it was manual not automatic. This lets me have more control of the car. Never drove the 2004 chev cav (automatic) but willin to try!!!

FUN!
By gober on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, good pep and decent handling. Interior could use a little more headroom and overall space. Paid $9800. after a little negotiation. Great value for first car. Very happry with buying experience at Steakley, no games.