2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great car for the money
By Rae on 12/21/09 08:28 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002 and have about 97,000 miles on it. I just had to replace the fuel pump ($600), replaced the brake pads, and have put new tires on the car. Other than that, regular oil changes and the car drives wonderfully. It may not be the fanciest car around, but for someone on a budget, it is perfect.

coolest car ever
By cavi lover on 12/03/09 14:14 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Traded 03 cavi. For a another 03 cavi cause I wanted the sport pkg and manual tran. Car handles great. Fun driving it around with Windows down moonroof open and radio cranked up. I can go 3 to 4 weeks on a single tank of gas. I took it on a 14 hr road trip to Texas this past summer and that was fun. Has been reliable since only a few minor fixer uppers. Cluster wouldn't work when it got over 90 degrees and the car was sitting out in sun. Easy fix I just replaced it. And one of my wires on abs broke off front tire. That's it.

A piece of junk!
By Valerie on 11/13/09 13:30 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new with 3 miles on it. Thought it would be a great reliable car. WRONG! I had every stupid little thing go wrong with it possible. I replaced the rear turn signals about 20 times and finally the dealership did some fixing to it. Didn't work cause I Still had to replace it once a month. The windows, BOTH, broke and wouldn't go down so I had to have my father fix them several times. The interior lights had issues with flickering constantly. Another electrical problem the dealership fixed and it restarted again. Had some engine issues but luckily my father is a mechanic so it didn't cost too much.

2003 Cavalier
By andre toulon on 07/24/08 03:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

OK car. Bad tailight sockets-recalled, r/r power steering pump 22k, fuel pump 55k, dash guage cluster gone haywire at 45k, needed calipers at 75k, rear window defog not working 65k.

It's Alright
By Timon on 07/06/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At first glance this car caught my attention. Sporty inexpensive and fuel economic! This car drives smooth. Power is OK. Exterior is OK as well but overall this car was a great purchase. And yes the cup holders were a bad idea!

Chevy Owner
By CHEVYOWNR on 06/21/07 09:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

1st Chevy I ever owned. Absolutely love the sporty look, but definitely was impressed with its overall performance. Great deal for the money!

2003 Cavalier
By tracy on 01/05/07 09:38 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car as been fun to own and drive. It is comfortable for long trips and really good on gas. It runs great and the only issue I've had is the rear turn signal lights which I believe was fixed with new circuit boards.

Better Than It Had To Be
By oboles on 12/01/05 20:34 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Really nice exterior design. Put together very well. 67k miles over some very rough roads and still no annoying rattles in body. For a 4 cylinder is really a peppy little vehicle. Steering is exceptional. Great gas mileage; average 28 mpg on reformulated gas. Up to 35 mpg on hwy w/non reformulated fuel. No mechanical problems w/car yet. If I had a gripe, it would be for better suspension. Load it up with 3 & 4 250-300 lb passengers and the ride is a little bumpy. But, with 1 or 2, ride is fine. Overall I have been very happy with the car. I believe it has been badly maligned and underrated. It really is better than it had to be. By the way, I also tow a 16 ft sailboat with it.

cavaliers are good
By blo1170 on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

the car is fun to drive. it handles surprisingly good with minimal body roll it feels glued to the ground, accelleration is peppy but not a traffic light warrior. the exterior looks great the interior is cheap looking but ok.all in all the best cavalier ever made.

Simply awsome
By LSCAV on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

at first i wanted to get the 2002 cavalier model that was out but i waited longer and when the 2003 came out i loved the new body style and went to check it out and drive one and now i own it. I love it!! My first new car and i have no intentions of selling either. It is also my 3rd cavalier after owning a 1991 and 1994 model which were very nice as well but only base models and were very good on gas as the new one has already proven.