1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
MINE RUNS GREAT.
By WALTER WOLOCZYJ on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

EXCEPT FOR THE DASHBOARD LIGHT KNOB, AND THE POWER WINDOW SWITCHES. EVEYTHING IS JUST FINE.

My '94 Z24
By f41driver on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

This car is awesome! I wanted a convertible, and I wanted it to be sporty yet economical. I had to have a car that was easy to fix if it broke, and easy to upgrade if I wanted. I found the perfect car! I always liked the looks of the Cavalier, and when I saw this car I couldn't take my eyes off it. I was lucky enough to get it from it's caring, original owner with 36,500 miles on it. I've had it for a month and I've put 1,000 miles on it just riding around on the nicer days, and it does stay clean and in the garage, and I expect to keep it for quite some time.

Not a bad car
By Jonathan Wehr on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

This is not a bad car. I've had it for a little over a year now and I've only had 1 major problem with it. If you have an automatic transmission in this car, make sure your TCC solenoid works. If you slow down from highway speeds and the car shutters and cuts off then chances are, your torque converter solenoid is bad............get it fixed if you want good gas mileage.

The Alternative to the Z24
By Jeef on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Its got the 3.1L V6 w/ auto Tranny, and although it only puts out 140 horses, the torque is consierably more then the 4 cylinder, and you have it at a considerably low RPM. It has a little over 80000 miles on it, and still runs strong. Engine note is good when reved, but then the American V6 exhaust note comes in to ruin it. The steering wheel makes you feel like your in a much faster car. I do though wish the radio was a little more attractive, but for an econobox, its sufficient. The car is basically the z24 package, minus the decals, wheels, and bodykit.

Long lasting & inexpensive to own
By Guano on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new 8 years ago. It is very reliable and when minor things have broken (Alt.,waterpump,blinker switch)parts are very cheap. Knock on wood, it has never stranded me in 116,000 miles. Take care of these cars and they take care of you. No leaks and doesn't burn oil. My wife's New Beetle has cost more to fix and burns oil w/only 40,000 miles. Very easy to work on. Done all work myself except for Struts. Gaps in body panels are off, structural integrity is wobbley, dash bounces on semi rough roads since day one. If you want a good, cheap to buy and mantain car that will last a long, long time, buy this one!

My Mini Camaro (sorta)
By David Jones on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car its the first car ive ever owned I cant complain much cuz i got it for $1300 w/ 124000 mi on it. the accelaration is quite acceptable with the ac off. i just put a KN air filter in it and now it pulls even better. it looks and feels like a bigger car. I got it with alot of new parts just put on by the former owner (altenator, battery, shift linkage) so im hoping it'll hold up for awhile. I prolly wont do anything else to it for awile besides new tires and front end alignment. All in all the cav feels like a small-scale late 80s V6 camaro, which is to say somewhat cool though it wont earn you much street cred

Wow
By n00dles10 on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

My first car and i love it!

reliable
By jhall on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

This car has been a great car! It's not the coolest looking car, but It's the best car I've owned. Its got around 130,000 miles. Never had any real problems with it. Very reliable.

Solid basic transportation
By Bob Oh on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

Bought new, it has served me well. 5 speed manual coupe. Replaced 2 alternators, 1 water pump, 1 set of brakes, i wiper motor, 1 battery. Normal stuff (except alternator..Grrr) Good looking, easy to maintain. 77000 miles. Enjoyed all of them. Excellent value for the bux.

I love my cavalier
By Kater8ter on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

This car is very reliable and makes a great first car.