Used 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

1994 Z24 Convertible
By mike hrabovsky

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

When I first saw the Z24 convertibles in the late 80s I wanted one but did not get one. Bought a beautiful 94 teal z24 convertible in summer of 96. I just love the style and looks of this car. Looks like a muscle car. Hood scoops, rear spoiler, and sporty looking wheels. Car has "guts"; can get up to 80-90 mph in a hurry and holds the road real well. Have had now for 8 years and not too much trouble except for a goofy knack for blowing fuses on the power top, horn and door luck fuse (one fuse). Had the car checked by two mechanics and they had no explanation, but recommended I put in a circuit breaker fuse instead of a regular one and it has worked fine since. New top after 7 yrs old.

Sporty look, hood scoops, rear spoiler. "Fish Mouth" look under front bumper. V6 power for a smaller car. Good take off.

Cheap plastic door panels. Passenger side panel split on me in 4th year. Had to be replaced by dealer. Expensive parts. Blew two alternators over past 6 years, why? Power door locks on driver side - have to push button to red to open door. Does not do it automatically like supposed to.

A great car
By Mattiez

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

i bought one and it's a pretty good car. Gets great gas mileage and has plenty of torque for a 4cylinder. The radio is not that great, but it's really easy to install one. Any of the parts I've had to have replaced on it weren't that expensive. Overall it's a great car and if you come across one with low miles, get it. I bought mine and it only had 50,000 miles on it and now it has 80,000 and it has held together well.

Gas mileage, air conditioning is cold

Radio, interior, electrical

Just OK
By weezmachine

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

I bought it used in 2001 with 100,000 miles on it, and it now has 155,000. I know the motor was rebuilt before I bought it. I've replaced the brake pads 3 or 4 times, new rotors, starter went out, new headgasket, window motors replaced twice, trunk leaks, door leaks, replaced the battery, speakers are shot...I could go on with the list repairs I've had done in 4 years. Not to mention it's rusting everywhere! What do you expect for an 11 year old Cavalier though? It's pretty reliable though and it was decent to me for 4 years but I'm sick of putting money into it that I could put into car payments for a newer car.

Just the right size for me, handles well, automatic door locks when shifting out of park.

Cup holders are in an awkward place, backseat is tiny, cheap black plastic bumpers, more cushioning in front seats, headlights need to be replaced constantly, and everything listed in my review.

Love my 94 Cavalier
By rlenser

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Have had the car 11 yrs now, and will regular maintenance, it has been worth every penny. Surprisingly, we were considering selling it (it's the bright shiny red rally sport coupe) and it's kept higher value (vs initial price) than our other vehicles! Love my Chevy!

Fun to drive. Adequate power to chase the 'big' cars uphill when necessary.

The electrical door locks system has always malfunctioned since Day One and numerous mechanics have not been able to find the problem. Removing the corresponding fuse (per manual) also didn't work.

The best first car ever!
By Elcke

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Sedan

I love my little purple Cavalier, its so cute. I swear it has a life of its own because it looks after me, I could've been in so many accidents with it. I've hit numerous things with it and it still runs better than the day I got it!! I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I love having the trunk release on the inside of the door.

Better gas mileage, mine's only like 26 mpg, since the torque converter got unplugged. Every Cavalier that I know has a bad torque converter and the cylinder head cracks.