1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
ha i've had problems
By sheep on 09/25/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

i bought the car in march with only 66000 miles one it for 1500$ cash. but got ripped off cuz the next week the tranny dropped, got a new one for 2000$ and it drove fine with plenty of power for a 2.2 liter. breaks went out a couple weeks ago got new ones.. mechanic ripped us off 700$ but they work fine now. this week blew a tire and the tranny dropped while driving to jensen tire .. but its on a warranty so im getting a new one for free. engine still runs strong though. but its a death trap for me

Great to drive!!
By Ghost6987 on 03/23/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I got this car in "05" with about 100k on it and I drive it about 130 miles aday. Im a Young kid I'm 21. I have the 2.2 its rusted and has a lil rodded but I have a perfect tac in it also I put a turbo on it only running 8psi a better cam and a 2 3/4 inch piping its still my daily driver never left me on the side of the road a beat on it all the time great car as long as u keep up with everything. Do an oil change with royal purple! All the time it helps the car out and protects it the best. The car has on the dash right now with the oem block rods and pistons it has 291k and still going strong. I love my teal civi killa

Keeping it as log as possible
By Great little car on 10/04/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

Took my big Ford F-150 off the road as gas was getting too expensive for the mileage I got on it. Bought the car with a lot of mileage and little rust. Runs great, great on gas. Close to 40 mpg. Put 12,000 miles on it with no problems. Replaced rear brakes and self installed a new heater core. Very little room under the dash. I'm very impressed with the vehicle. Obviously the previous owner(s) took care of it especially up here in Maine with all the salt on the roads in winter

Unbelieveable Car
By this car rocks on 06/11/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z24 new in 1994 with only 3,000 miles, and besides regular maintence, have not touched it yet. I drove it till my daughter got her liscence and then gave it to her. I'ts still rust free, runs strong, and is the fastest car in the family. Great handling at high speeds, and fun to drive no matter what. Handles unbelieveably in the snow. Better than my four wheel drive SUV. All in all, its a great car.

Think's its a muscle care!
By JohnTrips on 01/29/06 02:09 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I found this car as a trade on a backlot, with 80k miles. It was cherry, and has treated me very well. Like any car, you better take care of it though (fluids, oil) if you want it to last. Does tend to run hot by design but you can add an electric thermostat to fan relay to turn on fan earlyer. A little common sense will keep the v6 running perfect to 200k miles no sweat! competitve gas mileage,well built powertrain, INCREDIBLE handling, plus enjoyable power (and exhaust rumble) Get the 5 speed! This makes a great first car for your teenager, good to work on at mome plus with a few performance mods will make this a REAL head turner. Great crash ratings too

One problem after another
By Bob Koenig on 12/20/05 00:12 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was only four years old and it didn't take long for things to start going wrong. At first I started having problems with the electrical system. I had to replace the alternator. Next,the car started over heating, I had to replace the thermostat. Then the gears started slipping and I had to get the transmission rebuilt. Then the compressor for the air conditioner stopped working, I could hardly tell, since the air was never cold in the first place. After that I had problems with the emissions control system and had to replace the E.G.R. value. The car never was the same after that; it would stall if you didn’t keep your foot on the gas pedal; very dangerous.

A great car
By Mattiez on 05/08/05 20:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

i bought one and it's a pretty good car. Gets great gas mileage and has plenty of torque for a 4cylinder. The radio is not that great, but it's really easy to install one. Any of the parts I've had to have replaced on it weren't that expensive. Overall it's a great car and if you come across one with low miles, get it. I bought mine and it only had 50,000 miles on it and now it has 80,000 and it has held together well.

Love my 94 Cavalier
By rlenser on 04/04/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

Have had the car 11 yrs now, and will regular maintenance, it has been worth every penny. Surprisingly, we were considering selling it (it's the bright shiny red rally sport coupe) and it's kept higher value (vs initial price) than our other vehicles! Love my Chevy!

It was fun
By MeMrS on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I had my Cavalier Z24 for 6 1/2 years, and it served me quite well. The only reccurring problems seemed to involve the electrical system, which cost me a few $$$ along the way. But in the end, I was able to keep it running strong and even sold it for $2,100 with 114,800 miles on it in October of 2004.

Awesome to drive!
By Tracy Nelson on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for eight years and enjoyed every minute of it, my teenage daughter even loves it! It's comfortable, reliable, good on gas, and stylish. I can put it pretty much wherever I want it whether I am in traffic or parking. I highly recommend this car unless you are over about 6'4", I imagine it might be a little too cramped up then. My husband is that tall and is comfortable in it.