2005 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: Blazer

2005 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Review

By Howard Chevy on

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Chevy Blazer 2DR 2WD LS Manual. This thing is a mutant. It is a loaded out standard. The only thing I can say to Chevy about this pile of junk is : why are they making 2005's? I practically have to get out and push the thing up a hill. It goes from 0-60 in about 45 minuetes. There is just NO power behind it. Instead of miles per gallon the Chevy Blazer gets feet per gallon. It costs me aprox. $45.00 to go 250 miles. As for safety I give it 2 thumbs way way down. The windshield wipers don't go fast enough. I have almost lost control several times on the highway when i get hit by a crosswind. Don't get me wrong the Blazer is fun to drive.

What I like best about my mutant of a SUV is: power sunroom, manual transmission, 6-Disc CD Changer, and the separate liftgate/tailgate

Don't make a 2005 model. oops they already did. I really don't think that it can be improved past what it is today. I think it is a dinosaur that need to retire. The Blazer is 21 years old and is way past what consumers want and expect out of a small suv.