From Avalon To DTS
By devdon on
2010 Cadillac DTS Platinum 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I have now had my DTS for 2 years (23,000MI). I think I have experience enough now to say, having owned a 09 Avalon previously....there is no comparasion. The Avalon is far superior. The gentlemen that said there is no comparasion has apparently not driven the Avalon. My DTS started with front wheel balancing problems. After ordering 2 sets for me it still feels that I'm driving it unbalanced. And it took several attempts to get them to do that. Fit and finish both interior and exterior are sub-par. Road and wind noise is pronounced and the engine noise is extremely annoying. The only reason I can see why anyone would buy one is the "name". That was my reason..mistake.
Favorite Features
I cannot think of any favorite features other than other people see you and say "He finally arrived". Since I'm going to be on the inside only I now look at the comfort offered by other automobiles such as the Avalon and now especially the Chrysler 300 (test drove one the other day and quiet isn't the word....you can acutally listen to the radio without wind and engine noise.) Oh yes, one other favorite is the roominess esp. the back, but I don't have people in the back seat.
Suggested Improvements
Improve fit and finish.