Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

cadillac has pride
By o.johnson

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this auto with 45,000 miles. It was a rental with me being the first owner. I can tell you that I feel like this auto came just out of the showroom. I have owned 7 cadillacs and being almost 60 years old. I am impressed with my cts.

Favorite Features

Quickness, on-star, and complete exterior beauty

Suggested Improvements

Try to make the computer technology a little more simple for us old folks to program

Not what I expected from Cadillac
By BillF

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first and last Cadillac. Love the car but have had problems with it since it hit 10K miles (rear end 3 times, computer once, electrical and now fuel pump problems) Last experience it left me stranded (fuel sensor). Dealer didnít do something right and had a major fuel leak after picking it up. Cadillac will not stand behind the car and I canít even find the next higher person to talk to (Regional manager will not talk directly. Have to go through customer service and they will not give any information). Very disappointed and will never buy another one. And they wonder why the imports have taken over the market.

Favorite Features

Ride and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Improve customer service and satisfaction process. Very poor. Allow customers a process to go through until they are satisfied, not until Cadillac says they're satisfied.

Rattle Trap
By GWilliams

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love the look of this car and driving it is great. The car really has lots of get up and go when you need it. However, now that it's a few years old (30K miles), everything is starting to rattle on it. I wanted to buy a newer model, but now I don't think I would buy another one. They cost too much to be such rattle traps, especially so soon.

Favorite Features

The powerful motor and quick acceleration. The car looks sharp and handles great.

Suggested Improvements

Quality needs to be improved. At 30,000 miles the car should not be rattling and squeaking.

Please read
By j chester

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

At 20,000 miles started using oil, approx. 2 quarts every 1000 miles, returned car to dealer, was told 1 quart every 700 miles is normal according to Cadillac. Are they serious? Yes they are read owners manual. Cannot wait for lease to end.

Great Car Unless in Snow or Accident
By Sk00ts99

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car in '06 and loved it from the start, until the first snow hit and I realized how much rear wheel drive stinks. I was all over the place, must have had a few mini heart attacks on the commute home from work. The worst was a few weeks ago, I was rear ended and sandwiched between 2 cars. No air bag deployment and my seatbelt brought me up to the steering wheel, then decided to kick in and pull me back, the car just broke apart. I was sad, but will definitely go with something else now, with better fuel mileage and NO REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!!

Favorite Features

Comfort of the seats

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy, change to front wheel drive option