2006 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Good Car
By PLEHMANN on 12/02/06 14:34 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

If you're looking to upgrade to a luxury vehicle, this is the best starter car you can get for your money.

CTS
By Angela on 11/09/06 14:15 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about my Cadillac CTS, except for a couple of things. It would be better if it were a little roomier and also if the passenger seat was automatic and not manual. Other than those small annoyances the car is perfect and overall I love it!

Happy Owner
By Delilah North on 10/17/06 15:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. It looks good, handles great and really performs on the highway. I would recommend it to anyone that appreciates a quality automobile.

Mixed Emotions
By Chris DeWeese on 09/22/06 17:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS handles like a dream and has plenty of power. 0-60 it is great, when in "sport" mode. I can take corners that are posted 35 mph at 55 mph. I have the 3.6L with the 5 speed auto and it is plenty fast. I have two beefs, though. The XM radio has static, which I thought was impossible on satellite radio, and apparently all CTS's with the single CD player do, too. The response from the dealer/GM to fix it was underwhelming to say the least. It still hisses. The battery was replaced under warranty today because it died twice and I had to jump it. Yep, the car has 7,000 miles on it and the battery died.

Glad To Be Back In A Caddy
By Vic on 09/04/06 23:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Cadillac has finally come out with a destintive looking car. I love the design. Inside and out this is a head turner. I get excellent gas milage on the wide open roads of Nevada. I was so impressed with this car that I traded in a 2006 Nissan Altima and took some loss on it.

CTS is a Great Car!
By Jeff on 08/19/06 06:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted to buy American but haved owned Mercedes, BMW, and Audi in the past. I shopped all those but purchased 3.6 CTS with the sport and lux package. What a great car! The center stack is a little odd, but truly functional. The stereo needs autospeed adjustment. Those are the two little problems that I have with this car, other than that it is great. It's quiet, firm, and has a good ride at speed and around town. Its edgy looks and Cadillac emblem now command interest among all ages. I wish it had external speakers so it could broadcast Led Zep while driving down road. Good job Cadillac and GM! Don't be surprised, this car uses synthetic oil.

CTS Sport - Luxury, Performance, Value
By mjdart on 08/18/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The power is supplied by a 255 HP 3.6L VVT (dual overhead cams) all aluminum V6 engine coupled to my optional 5-speed automatic transmission. It ts a very smooth combination. The auto features a very nicely incorporated manual shift mode that is accessible with a right flick of your wrist. Pull back and it down and it shifts to the next lower gear. Push it up and it up-shifts. All five gears are accessible this way. This car is rear wheel drive with a 3.42 drive ratio. I have found 70 mph yields an engine speed of 2,250 rpm, which is good for less engine wear and highway gas mileage. The interior is well laid out with the exception of the glove box which is big enough to hold gloves and not much else.

My Caddy
By Cathleen Snyder on 08/13/06 21:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed every minute of driving my Caddy. I took it to Pennsylvania last week and it handles the road beautifully. I am completely satisfied. Other perople come to me and ask me about its performance. Others that own a CTS come and tell me how much they enjoying owning this car. This is a beautiful car. I am just thrilled that I have it. My friends like riding in it too.

After a long look, I bought a Caddy
By vj on 07/16/06 15:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I looked long and hard for a new ride. We test drove a Toyota Avalon, Infiniti, and Ford 500. I went to this Cadillac because of the exterior styling and a little improvement in fuel economy over my Tahoe Z71. We love the performance; I've also owned a Corvette and the ride and handling of the CTS are comparable and in some respects better given that the Vet blows you away with power. But I always wanted a powerful, comfortable family car that had some style and looks like I found it. The interior is roomy enough for the men in my family, all of them over 6 feet and 200+ lbs. But is quick and agile for me by myself.

Before the Change
By Alan Bradford on 07/15/06 16:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the perfect size and fit for tall drivers and suits smaller drivers as well. When the change comes in 2008, may the same be said about the space.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.