Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

CTS Lemon
By cadictsawful

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my CTS when I got it in 2006 because it was so beautiful. It never had a lot of power and the "traction control" would come on each time I pulled out from a stop. I could live with that. I started having issues around the 2nd year... most of which was covered. Now I am at year 7 and I have had nothing but issues for 2 years. I have had to put several thousand dollars in for repairs. Rear differential broke TWICE, Air bag issue, Wipers don't work, catalytic converter, misfires all the time, purge valve, spark plugs, and the list goes on. I still owe 4K because it was a lease at first. Shouldn't a Caddy last at least a decade or 120000 miles? Very sad and disappointing.

Beautiful Car
By SH

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

A wonderful car to drive. It handles well in city and highway conditions. A great car for long drives: very comfortable seats, good standard sound package, low highway noise. Most important to us was its heft: we wanted something luxurious that would handle well enough, but also provide safety. The CTS is a good trade-off of performance and safety. We totaled it on a patch of ice and everyone emerged without a scratch. Even as we were spinning into the trees, we felt fully confident of the protection the car offers. And grateful for OnStar.

Exterior design, understated luxury of interior, handling.

Redesign digital interface (like an iPod wheel?), electric trunk latch.

Best in Class!
By lovely

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have bought this car as a leased vehicle and it is the best car as far as fuel mileage, comfort and looks. It rides very smooth and have not had any problems when taken care of properly. I have not had any complaints and have since put on 17000 miles since I bought it 6 months ago, it still rides gracefully.

The sleek design, smooth ride and easy conrols inside especially to program are great.

I only think that having to keep pushing buttons to retrieve the information on oil, gas mileage and trip should have been a lot easier for the driver.

2006 Cadillac CTS-Decent car
By TimD106

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first ever owned luxury car and I am in some ways, very disappointed. It isn't as luxurious as expected for the base model CTS. It has a very underpowered 2.8L v6 engine in it, and the gas mileage is bad (i average with conservative driving about 16.5 MPG city.)It hasn't given me any problems though, it is comfortable to drive in, I like the exterior design and I get alot of respect just because I drive a cadillac.

The ability to be able to customize your own settings in the car. Climate control and The comfortable seats.

Gas mileage (very bad for a weak v6 engine) The power of the 2.8L v6 engine and the lack of luxurious appeal mto the base model cts.

awsome car
By dds

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

recently i bought a 2006 CTS 2.8L i'm a mechanic for GM and i love this car!!. and 2.8L does compete with the 3.6L, there is hardly any chance of feeling the 60hp difference other than racing purposes. which buy the CTS-v not the 3.6L or 2.8L. they are poor in the snow if not treated properly (drive for the conditions) I have a corvette as well and people who compare 3.6L and 2.8L engine clearly don't know what a real sports car feels like. or are that ignorant, to do these type of comparisons. thank you to all the people who took the car for what it is made for and not blow it out of proportion, remember it is a four door sedan with a V6 either of them 3.6L or 2.8L. all an all beautiful car

ride smootheness and exceptional handling. also both 3.6L and 2.8L exceptional engines very similar and the 2.8L is not dis-continued it is still offered in europe!. It's a caddy not a honda or a acura .

the only improvement for this car in my opinion would be to put a little more thought to the interior and not so plastic