2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (265 reviews )
Worst car ever
By ms.tree on 11/29/08 03:09 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Without a doubt the worst car I have ever owned. This car has been down more than up. I bought it certified used and a extended warranty and I've still come out of my pocket with a couple thousand. I took the car to 5 different Cadillac dealerships before the 5th figured out it was a stearing sensor. I once took it in got 2 blocks from the dealership and it had to be towed back. There have been so many problems I can't remember them all and now the seals have to be replaced the timing belt and cam covers all this at a cost to me around $1800 unbeleiveable.

Beware
By Sara on 09/17/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Car is a definite eye catcher. Major problems since 50,000 miles. I now have 112,000 miles and looking for new car. Past winter problems with heat coming in on one side and not the other. Was in shop 7 weeks in 2 months time and still not fixed. Continuous computer problems with Heat digital knobs on dash. Engine leaked oil had it towed 3 x after $4,000 out of pocket expense from the engine gaskets busted etc.If you do not drive much probably ok to have for a while I average over 20,000 miles a year or more due to my job not recommended unless you have money to spend on costly repairs.

Make sure you get an extended warranty
By Juniorverse on 08/06/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my 03 with 21K on the clock, have had several mechanical problems. Thermostat, battery, steering wheel position sensor, lower control arms, trunk shocks, manifold gasket. Things the dealer WON'T repair: peeling headlight lenses, burned out trunk mount brake light, peeling interior plastic, sun visor falling apart. Car looks great parked at the dealership for it's bi-monthly trip for repairs. Make sure you warranty this car for as long as humanly/financially possible or you will be in the poor house keeping this car on the road.

Solid Performer
By RW on 06/23/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Had some problems in the first 35,000 miles, but not since then (now at over 70,000 miles). It's been reliable since then and still fun to drive.

Design Caught My Eye
By Joe Jo on 06/13/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I recall the day I first saw the CTS and I claimed that I would own that car and within a few months became the owner of the CTS. I had betrayed Toyota, specially the Camry (the best by far). I loved the WoW factor, even 5 yrs later people still comment about the design of the car. Even the commercial was a blast, the one where luxury cars were wasping around and the cts came into the ballroom and stole the spot light. 5 yrs later at 80,000+ miles, my CTS is showing its age. I have take excellent care. I have not missed one scheduled maintenance but the window motor went out, air compressor must be replaced and there was another $1000.00 job that I cannot recall.

Downhill at 48,000 miles
By A. Smith on 05/15/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

After the warranty was up all the transmission shift patterns were off, transmission was shifting hard including downshifting. Multiple computer problems and codes(at one trip to the dealer stated more than 10 at once)that after supposedly fixing 4 different times still do not know what the problem is. The engine light will come on and the display will read enine power reduced, the car will still be running but you push the gas pedal and there is no response. After that happens you have to turn the car off to reset it even if your on the freeway. Now in addition the service airbag message appears. Also there is a loud humming coming from the rear end. Not enough space to list all the problems

Meant To Be Driven Until End of Warranty!
By wm on 04/06/08 03:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

The cts is absolutely the sexiest car I've ever driven. Bought it used w/ 35k - certified. Styling, comfort and handling were outstanding. Consistently 30 mpg hgwy! I drive 30k a year, but I baby my cars... Many annoying little things (costly w/o warranty): oil leak, sunroof Glass, loose interior panels, tie rods all before 60k. Worse off at 90k: 2 thermostats. As soon as the warranty ended (a month later): coolant check valves and hoses, head gaskets, rear bearings, etc. "certified" is the best! Buy this car because it's excellent... Trade it before the warranty is up... I took a $12k loss and went back to Japanese quality. FYI even the base model accord offers the same options as a CTS.

Beware of High Repair costs
By slim_257 on 10/12/07 19:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Just a word to the wise. Cadillac patented all parts for this car right down to the battery. There is a microchip in the battery that ensures you buy an AC delco. I had to have some repairs done on the head gasket seals and the power steering had a leak, and the repairs cost over $2,300 just for those two. If you are thinking about buying a CTS and expect to "trick" the car by buying other parts, just look for a different car because I had the battery replaced with a non-AC Delco battery and the car didn't detect the microchip and told OnStar I stole the vehicle and they disabled the car until I replaced it with good old AC Delco. If you are rich, this is a good car for you.

A great car
By Bray on 07/13/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a great car, except for the replacing of the struts, $800, and then the brake light on the trunk $300. I would reccomend this car to anyone. For being a V6 it gets good gas mileage, and for an '03 it still looks the new style.

Good sports sedan value
By Austin TX Caddy on 05/07/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Chose the CTS as a pre-owned car, fully loaded with Bose/Luxury package. Overall, it's a nice car that drives as well (if not as tautly) as my previous BMW. More car for the money, and a very good used car deal.