1997 Cadillac Catera Consumer Review: Cateras are underrated

1997 Cadillac Catera - Consumer Review

Cateras are underrated
By D. Green on

1997 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from a private party. It had been in two hard wrecks-one at 7500 mi. and another at 14,900 mi. Idiots with improper equipment tried to fix car after first wreck. After second wreck, they thankfully did not try to "fix" it again. The body shop I ended up choosing to do the restoration did a wonderful job. We had to undo much of the so-called repairs that idiots did to the car after the first wreck. I used all Cadillac parts in restoration. My point is: after all this car has been through, it must be a really solid vehicle to have turned out so well. Well, my wife has latched on to it and drives it all the time. I guess we'll keep it.

Bose AM/FM/Cass/12 disc CD stereo. Heated leather power memory seats. 200 HP V-6 w/rear wheel drive. Big trunk. Attractive light bar between taillights-real pretty at night. Big chrome 5-spoke 16" wheels. Quiet, comfortable ride-but handles with real excellence in the twisties.

Air conditioner could cool better, but this is a BLACK car in the southern U.S.! Occasionally get false trouble lights.