2005 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Money Pit
By pensketech1 on 09/16/13 07:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am the second owner of my Rainier. At 65000 miles, I had to replace my engine due to a cracked head (coolant got in the oil and wiped out my bearings). I am experiencing turning problems at low speeds and now my security light comes on and vehicle will not start. My GM rep. told me I was out of luck when the engine blew, and the repair costed me over $4000 to do myself. GM needs to actually stand behind their vehicles. I have owned GM vehicles all of my life and am no where near satisfied with this one.

Broken suspension and transmission
By madismommy2004 on 04/30/12 20:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For the past 2 years I have been dealing with my suspension,I bought the car at carmax,they fixed the comressor only to find out I need an air bag,and what they couldn't see that the holes in the air bag is what is causing it to sag. And of course I am now out of warranty so I have to pay out of pocket. Now my transmission is slipping and it doesn't want to move faster than 35mph.It won't shift into 3rd gear.What else can go wrong with this car....If I knew what i know now about it I would never have bought it! Oh and warranty parts at carmax SUCKS!6MO OR 6000 MILES WHICH COMES FIRST, HOW ABOUT A YEAR LIKE OTHER PLACES OR DEALERS!

Best automobile I have ever owned
By uscgc on 03/28/12 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Most trouble free auto I have ever owned. It is quiet and handles well in curves.

Buick Rainier: Too many headaches
By nobuicksjim on 02/20/12 13:53 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bad fuel sender. Buick sends a notice to finally to cover 1/2 the repair cost. Too late. Driver's side door handle. Broken twice. Part is engineered to fail. $127 to buy $4 of plastic Rear air suspension problems. This will be the last Buick I ever own.

Love my Rainier
By layla4909 on 02/11/12 16:22 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I amazed when I see the bad reviews from people. My Rainier has been so good to me. I love it sooooo much. My husband has always wanted to take it from me and keep it as his own. It handles so well. I feel safe. I know my kids are safe. The ride is so smooth. The sound system is great. For the price, I feel that I have gotten so much more than I paid for. Love it. Love it. Love it. Can't wait to get my next Buick. I am sold and super excited about all the new models Buick is offering. To be honest I always thought Buicks were just for "old people". Forget about it. The new models are hot!! and I can't wait to trade up! Won't be the least bit apprehensive either.

A Buick Truck..Amazing
By Buick Truck???? on 03/11/09 12:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The best truck noone ever heard of. Powerful V8, smooth ride, quiet and pure luxury. Everone that gets into this vehicle for the first time tells me what a nice truck this is and when I mention it's a Buick they are astounded.

Awesome Ride
By Dustin on 12/07/08 09:44 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car is really amazing. You can't expect more for your dollar from an American made SUV. From the powerful responsive engine, to the smooth, silent ride, to the Bose speaker system, I absolutely love this car. I have always loved the ride quality of Buicks, but the Rainier is by far the best it gets (except for the new Enclave which has replaced the Rainier).

Lemon
By BNA1JJS on 04/19/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am very concerned with this vehicle. Decided to take a leap into a GMC product in 2005 and made a very costly mistake. Here is a list of the problems I have had with my Buick: Heat shield on manifold loose, fuel sensor bad replaced, steering rack asembly bad replaced, reset toe, misc squeeking front still can't find, wornout idler pully replaced, water pump replaced, rear window fluid sprayer still leaking, rear hatch shocks to weak to hold hatch up still.

Love my Rainer
By sally on 04/02/08 19:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have own my Rainer for 3 years and love the smooth, quiet driving. But most all I love my satellite radio, I will never go back to listening to AM or FM.

Love it!
By Jennifer on 02/04/08 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been reading about this model for over a year. I was so happy to find a 2005 w/only 1 owner. It also had low miles and looked brand new! Now lets talk about the ride. Love it! It handles well and it is heavy for a short SUV and I feel safe in it.