Not your average College Student's Car!
By mannyr5653 on
2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
Being only 19, this isn't car most college guys have. Im the only one on campus with one of these! Ever since I bought my Rainier, It has been nothing but good to me. It has proved to be a reliable, luxurious, and all around great vehicle. Only repairs I've done are oil changes and new brake pads. This truck is extremely comfortable and surprisingly easy to drive. The V8 is very powerful, and can get up and go. Highway driving is awesome, the rear air suspension really makes the ride a million times better. The AWD is awesome when driving in snow and rain, it has kept me out of a lot of trouble. It really is a hit or miss with the rainier, either you get a good one or you get a lemon.
Favorite Features
Heated seats are a good thing to have in the winter time, really help warm me up fast in the morning on my drive to work. XM satellite radio keeps my drive less boring and the Bose sound system is pretty good. Steering wheel controls are nice feature to have. Exterior wise I like the fact that it has a light on the side of the front bumper that turns on when blinkers are turned on, it helps see what's around the corner a little better, and I think it's kinda cool!
Suggested Improvements
Painted plastic over radio peels easily, it should have been the same soft touch materials that the dash is mostly made of. Also wish mpg's were better, but hey, it's an SUV! Everything else about the Rainier is good!