in the shop 17 times!
By Dr. D on
2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I have had numerous problems with my Enclave. It has been in the shop 17 times, towed 4 times and been jumped 3 times. I first had the battery replaced w/in 8 months of ownership and it has been downhill since. The odometer malfunctioned, water pump replaced in the 2nd year and the transmission was replaced after 2 years. The car has leaked, trunk malfunctioned, On Star was repaired and though I know I am leaving out things, you get the gist of my experience. The time spent and money wasted on car rentals is beyond acceptable. The only positive in my Buick experience is that the service center staff were wonderful and empathic; Kim went out of her way to help me out. Buyer beware!
Favorite Features
I am so damaged by the lack of reliability, I cannot find any. Maybe the auto start feature......
Suggested Improvements
Self explanatory ie. reliability. Also the front pillar and side view mirror together create a huuuge blind spot for both short and taller drivers.
By eticket627
on 02/27/11 21:00 PM (PST)

I am so with you. I have had 3 major transmission issues, the steering column went out twice still not fixed right, water pump, engine seal leak and electrical shut down twice. The car went into park while I was driving the locks went up then down and back into drive. The car is dangerous!!! The dealer of course wants to SELL me a new car and Buick isnt even calling me back. I'm feeling very ripped off.