Never again! Shame on you, GM!
By london_bridge on
2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)
I treated this car better than any of my previous "rides". After 30 years on the road, I've found I get fewer & fewer miles on GM cars before parts fail. 32,000 and the Intake Manifold Gasket failed. I have a BIG problem with religiously taking my car into dealerships that will only suggest every form of maintenance except the one they know is suspicious. I'm too late for the DEX-COOL suit, but I did have a Chevy (62K) that was eligible. Submitted my documentation and rec'd a form letter that my car was a year older than it was, so it wasn't eligible. I also owned (before dealer exchanged) a Buick Skyhawk that had the same part fail at 40K before I bought it.
Favorite Features
This is a wonderful car if you like to sit in it and not be able to drive it. Cozy seating and very roomy. Maybe GM should start manufacturing furniture instead of cars?!
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to address the intake manifold gasket situation and reimburse those of us they've cashed in on. They dec'd to ignore it (and still do) until the DEX-COOL class action suit and then conveniently filed bankruptcy which infuriated their loyal customers. This could have been caught prior to the failure if the 27-point inspection was worth anything. Take your car in every 3-6 mos for scheduled maintenance and following all suggested add'l services, but they won't let you know about a problem part until you have to pay to replace it yourself. Nice way to do business, GM! Buick Customer Care will not help you, but please contact them so we can get them to recall it for this lemon part!