2000 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Power Window Failures!
By sjenn on 06/02/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Have had to replace power window motors three times at an average cost of almost $400 a shot. I could go without the motor except that the windows do not stay up. I have almost 280,000 miles, but this is not a mileage issue. I feel that the other problems with the car have been typical for the mileage, although I had to get a transmission replacement kit at 92,000 miles. Interestingly, the replacement kit has worked twice as long as the original transmission. If not for the window problem, I have had a pretty good exoerience with the car.

Great Car
By TorchOfGod on 04/10/08 01:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

We have owned two Buick Centuries back to back. First, we owned a regular 2000 Century, then after 140,000 or so miles on it, we sold it. Then we purchased my mother in law's 2000 Century Limited with only 30,000 miles on it. I am on a 300 mile trip currently with 31 mpg. The standard Century got better mileage, about 34-36 mpg, with a tornado type vortex added. And I liked it best too, not as many frills.

2000 Buick Century Special Edition
By jr1m90 on 05/03/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I was given the Century by my Grandmother a few months after getting my drivers license, but it is obviously was not my first choice (even compared to a 2000 Taurus). However, I have been relatively pleased with the car. It is a superb cruising car, and is comfortable in the city. The 3100 V6 is powerful enough, but the transmission seems to sap power from the engine when accelerating from a standstill. It responds to spirited cornering with tons of body roll and pathetic squeals from the 15 inch tires. However, it has been a reliable car that doesn't attract any unwanted attention. Would I buy one? Probably not, but I can never fault my Grandfather for buying two of them.

I love the luxury feel and performance!
By wuzo15 on 06/22/06 08:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Buick Limited for 5 years. I bought it used. The only problem I've had was the automatic window on the driver's side stopped working and had to be repaired for about $250.00...otherwise, just the normal wear and tear, tires, brakes, the usual.

Why didn't I buy one years ago?
By Omguada on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is my first GM product, and I have been driving for over 25 years. I wish I would have known about the Buick years ago. This reliable, solid vehicle has very good gas mileage for a luxury-feeling sedan. There is ample leg room in front, although it could use a little more legroom in the back. For the money, I don't think there is a company out there that can beat this vehicle.

Great Car - Highly underated
By mikeAZ on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought my Buick Century in 2/00 and, as a 40-somethings person with Lexus tastes and driving style, I was scratching my head the day after I bought this car instead. What did I do? I just bought a "Buick"! I have to say, now that my 3 year leas is up, I'm going to miss this car. The leather interior, soft but powerful ride (especially up hills), and reliability as good as my last two Camry's took us on several long road trips where we kept marvelling about how this car kept selling us. We never got tired of this car or riding in it. Great job GM!

Evaluation of the Buick Century 2002
By Ray Pinto on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

The car is quiet and smooth. The seats are roomy and very comfortable. The seat adjustments are very good so you can drive comfortably. I find the heating system to be a little slow in warming up. I like the radio controls on the steering wheel so you don't have to take your eyes off the road. We took it on a 2000 mile trip and enjoyed the ride very much.

Look out
By cynthia c. coleman on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I purchased at 19,000 from Enterprise Car Rental. The car had been previously leased. 2 cylinders had to be replaced (under warranty). Now at 48,000 miles the transmission needs a $850 repair(Transvalve body is the problem). Transmission service personnel said this type of transmission has caused problems. In the future I will fork up the cash and purchase an extended warranty.

Buick Century Review
By Mewithcars on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Extremely comfortable and great performance.

Buick Century Review
By Cars4me89 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Extremely comfortable and great performance.