Used 2000 Buick Century Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Absolutly love this car!!!!
By mandapanda

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car it had high millage (abt 200k). I it was one of the best cars I have ever owned! The low tire light would come on sometimes when tire was not really low; and, had a problem with the light switch. Never had the chance to find out exactly what caused it because my sister ended up driving it over a 20ft bank. The car was totaled; but, my sister came out of the wreck with only bruises and seat belt burn. Really miss my baby. Would recommend this to anyone; and, would love to own another some day!

Favorite Features

Everything about it was great!

Suggested Improvements

wished it had child lock in the rear

Power Window Failures!
By sjenn

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Have had to replace power window motors three times at an average cost of almost $400 a shot. I could go without the motor except that the windows do not stay up. I have almost 280,000 miles, but this is not a mileage issue. I feel that the other problems with the car have been typical for the mileage, although I had to get a transmission replacement kit at 92,000 miles. Interestingly, the replacement kit has worked twice as long as the original transmission. If not for the window problem, I have had a pretty good exoerience with the car.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Power windows need improvement. Coffee cup holders are somewhat fragile and could be improved.

Great Car
By TorchOfGod

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

We have owned two Buick Centuries back to back. First, we owned a regular 2000 Century, then after 140,000 or so miles on it, we sold it. Then we purchased my mother in law's 2000 Century Limited with only 30,000 miles on it. I am on a 300 mile trip currently with 31 mpg. The standard Century got better mileage, about 34-36 mpg, with a tornado type vortex added. And I liked it best too, not as many frills.

Favorite Features

Ride and mpg

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg. I would like 50 plus mpg. I had a Datsun 210 in 1980 that got about 40 mpg. So, why are you wasting our time and money with poor gas mileage, especially when you can do better? And you wonder why Japan is taking away you market share? Reclining seats need to go all the way back

2000 Buick Century Special Edition
By jr1m90

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I was given the Century by my Grandmother a few months after getting my drivers license, but it is obviously was not my first choice (even compared to a 2000 Taurus). However, I have been relatively pleased with the car. It is a superb cruising car, and is comfortable in the city. The 3100 V6 is powerful enough, but the transmission seems to sap power from the engine when accelerating from a standstill. It responds to spirited cornering with tons of body roll and pathetic squeals from the 15 inch tires. However, it has been a reliable car that doesn't attract any unwanted attention. Would I buy one? Probably not, but I can never fault my Grandfather for buying two of them.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating for 5, superb noise isolation. Large greenhouse with few blind spots. Inconspicuous styling. Smooth suspension for interstate cruising. Concert II sound system sounds OK. 35 mpg on the highway going 65-75 with the cruise on.

Suggested Improvements

Tachometer and more legible gauges, larger wheels and lower profile tires, firmer suspension tuning, more bolstering in the front seats. 3 stalk control system (lights, wipers, cruise). Seat cloth that doesn't look like a 30 year old sofa. However, for it's purpose, this is a well executed car.

I love the luxury feel and performance!
By wuzo15

2000 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Buick Limited for 5 years. I bought it used. The only problem I've had was the automatic window on the driver's side stopped working and had to be repaired for about $250.00...otherwise, just the normal wear and tear, tires, brakes, the usual.