2002 BMW Z3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Sweet little car!
By CindyLou on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 19,000 miles [now has 47,000]. Has been great on gas mileage, about 23-24 MPG. It must have highest octane or it coughs alot! Back window seems fragile; scratched despite putting a towel in the fold when I open the top. BIG problem however with the radio code; replaced battery, and radio locked. Got code from BMW dealer; have never been able to reset and get radio/CD to work, despite following all instructions. Also door metal seems fragile; gets tiny dents so easily that I now park far away from other cars. Glove compartment is badly designed; stuff falls down and out when opened, no edge on it. Otherwise good looker with great performance! So fun with top down!

I love my Z3
By obnixe on 04/16/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 BMW Z3 2.5i 3 days ago and this is the most fun I have ever had in a car. I am 22 years old and I am having 50 year old guys telling me that I have a nice car. Tell that isn't a good feeling when everybody wants the car you are driving.

Fun to Drive and Attention Grabbing
By rpsloanes on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this roadster new and it has been a thirill to own. Great handing if you can find a curvy, open road. The gearing is very low, even in 5th gear, so there's always plenty of torque without downshifting. Brakes and steering are first class Lots of strangers admire it.

So far soooo good
By NU2BMW on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After hearing less than steller reviews of BMW reliability - we bought the Z3 with some caution. However, the car has been just great. It is impossible not to have a grin on your face when you're driving. It is just a blast. I short drive in the Z3 can transform a bad day into a vacation.

I Love My New Car
By katti on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Besides the Manual shift, the car is attractive fun to drive and makes me looks very professional and prosperous.

Fun little car
By 325i,Z2.5i on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun little car. Minimalist's dream car. Raw at its best. Watch out. Cops gonna get you. already got a ticket after 2 weeks.

FUN CAR
By AMILCAR on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

THIS CAR WAS LOTS OF FUN I TOOK IT TO 130 MILES. LOVED TO DRIVE CNVERTIBLE ON THE RAIN...TRY IT SOME TIME!

love to drive
By driver100 on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. The first time I test drove this car I new it was the one. I will never buy another Japanes car. The tork is awsome and the handeling is cool. I can say I enjoy driving to work now.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Lesa on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My husband and I have always purchased GM vehicles in the past, but after owning our BMW and being so pleased with everything from the dealership to the overall performance and styling. We'll most likely never own another GM product. Every GM car I've owned the vehicle had a recurring problem that the dealerships (note plural: dealerships) could not fix. Frustrating!!! Anyway, we love our BMW and will purchase another for my husband to drive!!!

A topless wonder!!
By Bill Fritz on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 3800 miles on it. Has been used for 1 1/2 yrs with total enjoyment. I love this car and keep it garaged and cleaned off after every use. It now has 18000 miles and is still as good as new, a real dream car.