2005 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: 4-door Porsche

2005 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

545i Sedan (4.4L V8 6-speed Manual)

4-door Porsche
By donelonpc on

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 540 with an M sports pkg for the last couple of years. I did not think a car could get better than than one. Well, they made everything a little bit better in redesign. It's faster, handles better, bigger, more style in the looks, and many more features. It can outrun and outhandle a Boxster S, and seat 4 people. It is the firmest, tightest car I have driven.

I like the I-drive. Yes, I said it. It took a very short time to learn the functions. I think it is set up very logically. Once you get your settings you control everything from the steering wheel anyways. It is not a distraction while driving at all in my opinion.The brakes are the best.

Car at this price should not have fake metal door handles on the inside. Plastic here is not good.The accelerator took some getting use to. It is more touchy than the old car, and seems to have a slight delay before the car takes off.