2000 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Ulimate Discomfort Machine

2000 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Ulimate Discomfort Machine
By cobo on

2000 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan

The sport seats have nearly crippled me. The seat cushion sags even under my moderate 170 lb. frame. This causes spine to flatten and forces a slouch position. The lumbar support tries to force your spine into normal curvature, but it is poorly positioned, hard as a rock, and not adjustable. I've never been so pleased with a car, and yet been unable to enjoy it due to the major discomfort of the seats. I've owned 10+ cars and driven countless European, Japanese and American cars on business trips. I've never had a seat bother me before, despite very long trips.

Ride and handling, responsive engine, super smooth shifting and clutch engagement, clean layout, switchgear placement. A real driver's car!

Adjustable lumbar support should not be an option in a vehicle of this class. And even the models that offer adjustable lumbar support don't retract the support far enough into the seat compared to all other vehicles on the market.