1995 BMW 3 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - This BMW lives up to

1995 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

This BMW lives up to the hype
By grmmjhnsn2 on

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

This car is great to drive, lets make that one clear. It's just powerful enough to snap your neck back, but not so much so that it gets you noticed. It's handling is amazing, acceleration robust, and braking solid. If you love to drive this is your car. I take it out multiple times a week on local hilly and curvy roads and it eats them up. What they say about its maintenance costs are true - if you decide to make the plunge you better have spare cash. I bought mine with 130k for $4k and have dumped in 6k, EASILY over the past six months. If you're looking for a commuter car that just happens to be fun look elsewhere. This car is for those who want the rush and are willing to pay for it.

Favorite Features

It revs to the moon and back (and you're going to want to in order to extract the most performance). Windows with auto up/down function. Sports seats are great (a little narrow maybe, but I'm not exactly small). Electrically adjustable front seats. Sunroof. 50/50 split-folding rear seats. Stock sound is pretty decent. Remote locks/alarm with chirp that sound like MONEY. Manual transmission (these gears BEG to be rowed).

Suggested Improvements

The interior space on the e36 is tight (I have plenty of space as a 6'3'' driver, however my rear passengers often grumble). The headlights are dim (I'm not sure if it's the fact that mine are old or they're just not as bright as modern setups). I wish the sunroof had an auto open/close feature. The rear folding seats don't have a lock on them so the trunk isn't especially secure. Adjustable steering column would be nice.