Used 1994 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Most Helpful|
By dvev

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

It's a good automobile. I never plan to sell it. I also plan never to sell it.

Favorite Features

Smooth drive, exceptional gas mileage, good steering, adequate performance, lots of products offered on the net for improved performance.

Suggested Improvements

I have yet to add any aftermarket products, but I intend on getting: Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Eibach sway bars, AC Schnitzer wheels, some body add-ons, and maybe later on some new camshafts, lighter flywheel, Quaife differential, and big brakes.

Going to miss this car
By mango7

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 2dr Convertible

What a great car. Its taken everything I've given it(Not that I abuse), and it is as good as it was when I bought it 3 yrs ago. Looks like a $35,000 car. It gets more looks than my CLK430. The only thing I didn't like about it was that its rather underpowered, especially with A/C on! Poor thing--I felt like I was ringing its neck on those hot summer days. Also, when raining, the water spills in when door is ajar. Perhaps I won't sell it, if I can't get what I'm asking. Good luck

94 325IC
By KJE

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Have had my 94 325IC for almost 2 years now. Its been awesome, fun to drive, and been virtually problem free. In 20k miles, only had to replace a leaking power steering hose. The car exemplifies BMW quality.

Favorite Features

Top down driving and 5 spd transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little better quality on door panels. The leather material disbonds from the door panels and a littel unsightly.

Long Term Review
By Romie6466

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

I loved this car from the first time I laid eyes on it. The styling is truly a classic and still looks gorgeous and modern and relevant. I have added a lot of items from Racing Dynamics aero package to 18" wheels Bilstein sport shocks and stage 3 suspension bushings when they needed to be replaced, at 210,000 miles, so it handles incredibly, and will turn on a dime with virtually no sway. With 226,000 miles, the engine is VERY strong, but then it has a Jim Conforti cold air intake and chip with an M3 exhaust. The car has been extremely reliable and has required surprisingly little maintenance. This is my 4th BMW and I don't want to imagine not driving a BMW for the rest of my life.

Favorite Features

Mine is red with tan leather, the styling stunning. The car is a true "10" I'm constantly complimented! Handling, comfort and power.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission synchro gears are starting to fail, so I'd definitely improve that, but it does have a ton of miles.

Have Enjoyed This Car So Much
By 94southernbmw

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

Bought this car at fully depreciated price in July 2012 and have been driving approximately 3 or 4 days a week for last 3 months. Had to put in a radiator which was leaking when I bought it ($475). Getting the top down and taking her out for a spin is well worth it though. Good on gas (having been a truck SUV driver). Has decent pick up. Car has 174k miles on it an idles as smooth as can be. Car has been properly maintained. It is a form of therapy and so much fun. If you are thinking of buying a convertible I happily recomment this one. Take it to a mechanic as they are old cars now.

Favorite Features

Auto top, leather seats with warmers, 6 disc CD changer, 6 cylinder engine sound is awesome, heavy feel (built like tank), pretty roomy for convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Based on car's history it sounds like these may have overheating problems as radiator ages. Stay on top of this and do not operate vehicle hot!