2007 Audi Q7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:
great larger vehicle, large maintenance expenses
By cosicoop5 on 03/01/14 07:13 AM (PST)

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Q7 for 7 years and have loved it. For a family of 5 it has been a great traveling car and very comfortable and convenient for every day carpooling and use. No major problems popped up along the way, just the usual...squeaking breaks, break replacement a few times, tire replacement 3 times and cracking in the driver's seat base (3 inches long). Check-ups and other service visits seem to be over $500 a piece, but overall the car has been wonderful to have, reliable and comfortable. I would like another Q7, but don't want to spend the money. May consider a smaller Audi model but not convinced I want to pay the hefty service fees with kids going to college. Overall very happy.

Disasterous Q7 experience
By horribleq7 on 08/01/13 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where do I start? 2000km off warranty, the engine blew up and cost $15k to replace and install. the brakes have been replaced a dont know how many times(last count 4). Brand new exhaust system installed at 100k kms @$3800; and now a new fuel tank to the tune of $3200 and $1200 in labour. Car has only ever been serviced at Audi dealers. This is my 5th audi in 13 years and will be my last. Audi Canada has been very difficult to deal with and unresponsive. The obviously have no idea how much it costs to create the type of brand loyalty they r losing. As I type, i am booking a test drive in the 2013 BMW 5 series sport wagon. Good by and good ridance Audi. I should have done this long ago.

Great car with unfortunate design flaws
By Leaking Audi on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

All cars have + & -; from a high end luxury SUV you expect mostly +. That's the case. My problem was leaking draining tubes resulting in water in the front passenger well and in the back, invisibly in the area with the unprotected amplifier, MMI, GPS units. Result: all failed + battery drained. Cost:$3,500 (not covered by warranty). That's the most disturbing part to me: this car has been maintained by Audi as recommended but I still end up with a problem I could not avoid. This is not compatible with the premium price you pay for a Q7, you expect peace of mind. Moreover it is a known problem since Audi/VW lost a class action suit on this problem. Details at LeakingAudi website and Twitter.

Dream Machine
By Travis on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Audi Q7 with the 4.2 FSI motor is a dream to drive. The adaptive suspension quickly adjusts to road conditions, the adaptive cruise is effective and alerts you to stopped vehicles,and the Sirius satellite radio signal is superior to other vehicles. With the optional towing packing it effortlessly pulls my 5500 lb. tow boat and let's me soak up the sun with the panoramic sunroof. At least once a week I get asked "who makes that" because others aren't use to seeing such an effective design. If you pick captain chairs for row two - everyone can enjoy heated seats - and as long as the third row is not regularly used - this (heavier than a Tahoe) Q7 will sweep you off your feet.

Q7 - THE #1 SUV on the market!
By kornelth on 07/25/10 11:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has truly amazed me! I thought there is no more surprise after driving AMGs, BMW 6-series or the Escalade, even just jumping from a Cayenne Turbo to the Audi. Well there is.

No more Audi for me
By DV on 03/18/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 3 year lease on the Q7 is coming to an end an I will definitely not lease another one. From the start there have been problems. The car came without the A/C charged, the rear passenger handle fell off twice before it was finally fixed and my "leather seat cracked in the first year. My brakes have been squealing every time I brake for the last year and they said it was brake dust. They said to spray brake area when washed and then step on brakes hard a few times. It doesn't work. The sound drives me crazy. I've had the same experience as others with the tires--had to replace before 25k miles. Overall car looks nice and is comfortable, but lots of quality problems.

Jekyl and Hydemobile
By Woodrow on 01/06/10 21:24 PM (PST)

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

18" Bridgestone tires that came on car the loudest tires I've ever owned. They also ride like they are filled with concrete. Sunroof shattered at about 5,000 mi. Repair caused a leak that migrated to the back and damaged electronics (all Audi repairs). Radio failed at 30,000 mi along with the CD screen. Film on the windshield (interior) cannot be removed by any glass cleaner either we or Audi have tried. "Milky" view of the world. Fuel consumption about 17 city and 22 hwy. on premium. Car is terrible in snow and ice - poor traction under power or brakes.

Q-Tastic!
By Q-tastic on 12/24/09 14:30 PM (PST)

2007 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is Q-tastic! I have owned/driven some of the nicest cars on the road today, and I believe this is one of the nicest luxury cars on the road. We purchased the car used, and have had no issues to date. I do worry about the cost of ownership long-term, but I believe that with a good extended warranty and a little planning, that risk is very manageable. We purchased the V-8, and I was very worried about Fuel MPG. It is actually better than the Volvo XC90 T6 we replaced it with. It gets really thirsty if you jackrabbit at every stop, but a mix of City/Highway will easily yield 18mpg or better. Audi's are great because they are highline but not snobby. You will love this car!

Comfy and Quiet
By Dreiter on 12/24/09 04:25 AM (PST)

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most comfortable car we have purchased (have had Mercedes, BMW, VW and other Audis). This car has a luxurious ride for all and a high quality interior finish that is better than BMW and Mercedes. The car feels huge when driving, especially in tight spots, this isn't good or bad, it's just the way it feels. The Quattro system is outstanding in wet or snowy conditions and we always feel secure in this car in bad weather. Our rattling panoramic roof was quickly adjusted at the dealer during regular maintenance and hasn't rattled since. No other issues. It is a very heavy car so expect items that wear out to do just that (tires/brakes) especially if you're hard on them.

So Much Money, So Little Value
By q7blues on 12/12/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this German beast new and with the lease up in a couple months I'm looking forward to it going back. This vehicle looks amazing and that's where the love story ends. Brakes squeal...yes, they've been replaced...it's just embarrassing. Tires cup easily-3rd set, apparently, it's the engineering of the AWD. MMI issues...was in the shop 12 times before it was fixed for good. Engine sensors shot & fixed. Instrument cluster currently needs to be replaced. Thermostat went. Lurches from 1st to 2nd-explained as a safety feature. Faulty back-up sensor. Poorly attached molding. My car was in the shop for a week and after haggling for a rental, I got a ford focus---my lease $1448???

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.