Lots of Bang for the Buck!
By Mercury on
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my A-6 2.8 Quattro new 2 years ago after extensive review and test drives of BMW 325/330 XI, Mercedes C Class and Chryser 300 M. Its been a great car for me. For my money its a super value in a near luxury car-much better than the competition. The workmanship and quality has been very high, the ride - quiet on highway and handles very well for a mid size sedan. Drives like a dream in bad weather with Quattro. Controls laid out nicely and great room in entire cabin-including rear seats where my friends of 6'5' sat comfortably-try that in the smaller compacts. Truck space is huge for a car of this size.
Favorite Features
1. Winter package-Quattro (a must)& heated seats. 2. Exterior look is very pretty. 3. Interior cabin is luxurious and A-1 with ral leather & wood, aluminum trimmed air ducts and lots more.
Suggested Improvements
1.Could use more horsepower-mine has 200-I'd like a little more punch-the newer A-6 gives you 220 HP which is probably perfect. 2. Watch the Continental tires on pot holed roads- I lost 2 tires to blow outs.