2005 Acura TSX 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Few details short of perfection

2005 Acura TSX - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Few details short of perfection
By knoef on

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The car is fun to drive, very easy to live with and a great value. Having said that, I could point out a couple of things that annoy me a bit. Only the driver side window is auto down and have to hold the sunroof switch as well. The headrests can be a bit higher (I am 6'2). Otherwise the car is perfect. Light on center steering, a lot of grip and very predicable at the limit. By the way, I know my complaints are very minor that's what separates this car from being perfect. Of course, it doesn't have the ergonomics or style of A4 but it doesn't fall apart. It doesn't have performance of RWD BMW 3 but you can buy two tsx for the price of one 335.

Favorite Features

The suspension is amazing, you really have to commit to the corners to feel the limit (best done on track). Fuel economy nears 34 mpg on highway unfortunately it averages about 22 in the city. The dash layout is perfect, very intuitive and simple.

Suggested Improvements

As stated above, auto up down on all windows and sunroof is a must. Heated steering wheel and faster heating seats would be nice. I think the car has enough power to have fun. Surely, more power (turbo), limited slip diff and AWD or RWD would be nice. So there is room for improvement.