Why I continue to drive RLs
By RLmonster on
2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
In 1999, I leased the 99 RL. After three years, I was so happy with the vehicle, I repeated the experience and leased an '02. If you are looking for a classy luxury sedan, that is often mistaken for a Mercedes, that gives a 225hp burst off the line, this is your car. After 6 years (3 in the '99 and another 3 in the '02) I have had ZERO problems with the RL class. Now, to show you how committed this RL guy is, this evening (8/22/05) I leased a third RL, the redesigned '05 and parted with the '02. I compared the Avalon, M and G Infinitis, Mercedes, and Lexus. Hell, I even tried to get into the new Passat. In the end, the RL won on price, value, and the bonus of AWD (try that BMW!)
Favorite Features
The '02 offered nothing more than mud guards and more horses over the '99. My favorite feature of the RL? Never having to visit the service center unless it was time for inspection/oil change.
Suggested Improvements
The '05 delivers all the necessary improvements at an affordable price increase (i.e. AWD, 75 more horses, redesigned exterior and interior) and BlueTooth.