Used 2007 Volvo V50 Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

Massive Mistake
By krgrimes

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I begged my husband to trade in my '99 4Runner for a more stable vehicle on the highway so he got me an '07 Volvo V50. Took it on the highway and it was amazing, but then I started to notice little noises you wouldn't expect to hear in a "luxury" vehicle. Had the tires and rear brakes replaced and it got quieter but there is still noise. It is starting to get really hot in NC so I'm using my A/C frequently, that is of course when the compressor wants to work. Today I put my key in the ignition and the car "immobilized" because it thought I was trying to steal my own car. On top of the grinding noise in my front wheel bearings I now have electrical problems! Do not buy one!

Electrical systems need to be fixed! Compressor need adjustments.

V50 Problems
By jroberts

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I have driven Volvo for twenty years. I traded my 1994 940 in 2007 for the V50, Big Mistake! Within the first 45 days problems began.I was told that the computer didn't find any problems. After monthly visits and 1.5 years the dealership took me seriously & VOLVO created a download to correct the car computer,things seemed better. Then 6 months later the horn began to honk for periods of 5 miles. Once again I was told that the computer didn't show a problem. Unable to deal with the monthly trips to the dealership I traded for a Mercedes. I feel like a traitor, but apparently there are problems that exist that the computer doesn't show.

The ride is solid and smooth,very zippy.

Interior storage poor,but they have addressed that now. Not for people over 6',back seat very limiting as well

bought used 2007 w/17k miles...
By volvo v50 T5 FWD

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife has the 2.0 pasat turbo wagon. fantastic car with about 5-10% more room than the v50. I love my under stated top drawer small hatchback wagon. Back seats go flat. Sound system is excellent. sport package makes for a tight efficient ride. interior is simple elegance. 80mph on fwy the car glides. Bought a 2007 fwd turbo T5 with only 17,500 miles on it for 22k fully loaded all the extras. I feel lucky right place right time and I drove it and said yes, this is mine....I also have a big chevy truck when I need it. I get about 30+ on fwy maybe even 32 if I am not heavy on the pedal. Very good car...

sound system, sport suspension, leather interior, moon roof, back seats go flat for optimal storage/function/payload

slightly deeper and wider side door storage compartments. arm rest storage could have been 6" longer with out interfering on design and or function/space. the rest is all good

Love this Wagon
By hollydnc

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

This is my first wagon and I love the style and functionality of this car. I have had a couple of stain issues with the neoprene seats, but so far they have cleaned up pretty well with upholstery cleaner. I mainly purchased this vehicle to tote around my two dogs, but I also feel stylish driving around town. A bit of a premium price, but after two years, I am a happy volvo owner. We will see if it holds up as well as my Honda after 7 years, but doing great so far.

Functionality, fold down (almost flat) seats. Stylish exterior. Sound system and climate package are great. One-touch windows and sunroof a great feature.

Arm placement for me as the driver a bit awkward, I'm still trying to get used to it.

An expection
By Aaron

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've never thought Volvo was this good. I just bought it for safety reason for kid but it exceeds my every expectation. In short, perfectly quality built for saftety without sacrificing performance and fun of driving. I got it on 15km. Overall it has been giving me satisfaction out of expectation. Very responsive, Powerful enough of its class, running stable like a rock, outstanding sound system - feel indulged driving as listening; strong sense of safety sitting in the car. Wonderful small family car, beautifully designed for storage and family traveling; every function works perfectly.

Designed for safety & quality - you feel it everywhere; fantastic sound system; interior and exterior design;

Needs more smoother steering wheel handling