Used 1993 Volvo 240 Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 240 model:

The Work Horse
By Gigi

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2010 as a second car and has ended up being the best car ive ever owned and ive had new cars...24 years old and still going strong keeps up with all the new cars on the fwy and often passes them going up hill! Reliable reliable reliable if u find one its worth the price!
March 27 2018 Still going strong!!!!!

Have had my 240 since 1994
By GREAT CAR

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1993 240 Volvo with 5,000 miles on it back in 1994! I still have it with only 116K original miles! Had to have Volvo in Sweden make me new back lights but they came in 5 weeks and the car looks new! It has been dependable, great for traveling and still runs great after 23 years!!!!!!

Old battle wagon
By John

Great old car!

1993 Volvo 240 Wagon Cherry Red 4 speed Auto
By cpscooter

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon

I spent years looking for a 1993 Volvo Wagon. Only year with Airbag, abs, R134a ac and basic volvo design. Acceleration is not great....always plan ahead but still adequate. Tons of space. Incredibly predictable handling which is even better with 15" wheels and ipd sway bars. No blind spots. My wife loves/hates it. I love it because it is safe, predictable, and relatively easy to work on. Odometer broken probably 150 k or so. The people i bought it from sold it because check engine light was on....Mass air flow code....sensor installed wrong...cleaned it and runs extremely smooth. Good basic car. Love the car....would love turbo or european cam to get better power

Solid handling, better with sway bars from ipd and virgo wheels. Can work on easily, parts cheap and usually readily available. NO blind spots. With my son in the back, i still feel safe as the cage seems designed for him in the middle. Always starts and if it wouldn't it is probably the fuel pump fuse. Still passed emissions with check engine light on. So predictable and cheap...Bought for 900 and will probably have my son drive it when he is 16 until he is comfortable.

Tailgate harness bad. Had a 76 240 and that was bad as well (you would have thought they addressed it by 93). Same cheap plastic interior but basic and functional. Bad resistor on fan motor (same deal as 76) Really! put european cam to up horsepower 2o or so would make huge difference. Sticks are better!

Love this car!!!
By bphilippi

1993 Volvo 240 4dr Wagon

I bought my 240 DL wagon used in 1997. It had 22,000 miles on it and looked/drove like it was brand new. It now (2011) has 146,000 original miles on it and is going strong - I have no plans whatsoever to get another car any time soon. It is absolutely like a member of the family. Mine is automatic (only automatic I've ever owned) and is 761/1800 from the final classic series of the last run made of this model. Funny when I was shopping for cars, I actually found three wagons in the greater LA area from this same last edition...Can't say enough about it. It's not a performance vehicle, hence the three stars and comparing it to new luxury cars, it's not as comfortable, otherwise it's perfect!!

It is incredibly well made - has lots of attention to detail, is really solid and I like the fact that there are not many out there on the road anymore, so I feel like I have something special. I periodically (maybe one a year or every 18 months or so) receive offers from people who would like to buy it from me . It's not for sale. I have had the same Volvo mechanic take care of it for almost as long as I have had it, it is routinely serviced and very well cared for and I hope to be driving it for another 20 years!

None.