Used 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

Used Tiguan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Acceptable, but I won't buy another.

Ray, 11/14/2018
Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We love it on the highway. Cruise control is precise. Accident avoidance w/ 4Motion is good. 2 Really close calls on the Interstate. Braking & lane changing saved us. No dents. The transmission is a real pain in city driving. Acceleration is not linear. Never sure what will happen when I accelerate slowly. Sometimes it downshifts and scoots, other times, not so much, while it searches for the right gear . Give it a lot of space in stop & go traffic. The electronics are fine for us baby boomers, but my kid brother called it "sparse". Best highway mileage is 29.9. City driving is in the upper teens. Transmission's constant shifting drove me nuts. Finally traded it for a 2017 Subaru Outback.

Hang On Cowboy

RobBob F, 07/04/2020
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’m really quite pleased with my Tiguan. I like how it looks. It’s got a nice sound system and you can hear it because cabin noise is low. It handles better than most, doesn’t drive like a family hauler. And wow. If you put your foot all the way into the gas you better hang on. And that’s just the S model. The factory tires were crappy and flatted easily. When the factory battery went weak it seemed like a major electric failure with idiot lights flashing everywhere. But it was only the battery and still in warranty. Heated seats are lovely. Oh, and my very short wife has no problem getting the seat where she wants it. And I at 6’1” can too.

Sporty compact SUV

WC3, 07/14/2020
Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a good car for the money. It has sporty handling and quick acceleration for its size. The ride is smooth and steering is responsize. Interior uses quality materials. It has leatherette with heated seats. The Panoramic Sunroof is a great addition. Little details like card holders and the Wolfsburg emblem add to it's charm. The controls and tech has enough technological advances and quality to aid the driver but maintains that classic German utilitarianism. Cargo space is lacking slightly and MPG is lower when compared to other SUVs in its class at 20/24 mpg. Premium fuel is recommended and so there is no getting around the fact that it's pricey at the pump. In summary the Wolfsburg Edition Tiguan is a good car with just a few drawbacks.

Snappy and thirsty

Gabe, 10/19/2019
S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fun to drive, drinks lots of premium gas. Very safe and tight. Noisy transmission. Horrible voice recognition system

My Sassy Tiguan ! Love the Wolfsburg edition

Amy O., 08/23/2020
Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I can honestly say I don’t miss my BMW and I love my 2017 VW Tiguan Wolfsburg edition price point is great, my VW is cute with 2 ton Black and Tan two tone interior, 4Motion I still have pep, interior makes me feel good, the drive and handling is excellent. Panoramic roof with sunroof is beautiful. I am beyond happy.

12345...6