Used 2011 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Routan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:

Chrysler's neglected step child
By Vanessa Moody-Laird

2011 Volkswagen Routan SEL Premium 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Same engine and transmission as Chrysler's Town & Country, but the T & C recalls don't apply to Routans. We've had to replace the TIPM twice, the alternator twice, multiple cylinders have need repair, the electrical has needed work, and now the transmission is gone. Plus the mpg is way less than they claim. I will never own another Chrysler product, especially one disguised as a VW.

Volkswagen Routan se
By Rugby4life!

2011 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Engine ticking is bad but overall the vehicle is perfect

PERFECT FOR US
By Howard Kesselman

2011 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the vehicle when we had 5 dogs and 3 cats to go to our vacation home. It has given us no problems, gas mileage is good. Seems to drive itself. Only problem is the city we moved to does not have a VW dealer. Has a VW authorized repair shop, but so much of this is Chrysler if we had a major problem iI am not sure that they would know what to do. We have 76000 miles on the car now and love it. A lot of highway mileage, probably 80%. I can get over 30 mpg if the speed is kept around 55. At 75 on the highway mpg is around 26. City is 20 or 21. Been great for hauling stuff around Still great at 83000 miles. Almost drives itself

Mad mama
By Carroll Thomas

2011 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As soon as the 60 mile warranty expired, the transmission light came on. I took it to have a Emissions Test done and it failed. I learned that the torque converter needs replacing. The car is some garbage. I would never recommend anyone purchase Volkswagen.

Not what I thought
By Ymorffi

2011 Volkswagen Routan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since I bought this car its had problems after problems. Parts can only be purchased from dealer, and most mechanic can and does not work on these cars. Three times I've had to take the car in for mechanical reasons and it stays working great for a few months before something completely new pops up. The dealer charges even the days the car seats in the parking lot waiting for repair.