Used 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Manual Transmission Broken at 64K miles

Disappointed, 03/07/2018
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

VW quality is gone. Very cheaply made. Had software update and mileage has gone down. Windows will stop working because of a cheap plastic pin and cost $380 to fix. Had to replace radio under 30K miles - lots of dots on the screen. Had to replace windshield wiper motor at 34K miles (out of warranty) VW split cost to fix. Cup holder will fall through as tabs are too short to hold holder in place. Now at 64K miles heard clanking while driving and am told I need a new transmission at 64K miles! Waiting to hear if VW will extend warranty to fix. Very disappointed in this car!

3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars

Safe in an accident

Doug S., 12/19/2016
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Another car ran a red light, we hit them going 45 mph. The air bags and seat belts work fantastic.We never felt the collision.Though the front end of our car was totaled my wife and I had only minor injuries.

After 18,000 miles continues to impress

Jamie, 12/09/2015
SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I can't imagine somebody test driving cars in the $20K price range and not settling on the Jetta. It's so refined and crisp to drive, it's amazing that its price point is with a Ford Focus or Kia Forte...etc. It's drives like it should cost $10K more than it does. I haven't had a single issue in nearly 18K miles. Engine is powerful and silky smooth. Transmission shifts are quick and precise. Handling and ride quality are terrific as is the gas mileage. And the seats are simply awesome and the interior is roomy. The interior isn't techno-gimmick filled or very colorful. But I could care less about that stuff. This is a driver's car and it's always fun and engaging. Zero regrets.

4.5 out of 5 stars

8000 miles/9 month update

jamievidd, 03/17/2015
SE 4dr Sedan w/Connectivity (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My SE with the 1.8L turbo has been sublime so far. Anyone who bothers with the way underpowered 115hp 2.0 base Jetta should check themselves into a mental hospital. Don't go near it. Head straight for the 1.8 in the SE for only a 2-3K more. This car is so fun and engaging to drive. The 1.8 really performs and it's even better once its broken in. Never at a loss for power and the ride/handling/comfort are stellar. This car was a steal for what I paid for it (under $20K with discounts). And love the v-tex leatherette heated seats, soft leather steering wheel..etc. Yes the dash is kind of no frills but who cares. It's the driving that it's all about and this car delivers it comfortably.

I love my TDI

Aron, 01/21/2018
TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought this car with less than 20 miles on it when I traded in my 2002 1.8T Jetta GLS with a 5 speed manual. I just passed the the 73,000 mark, and haven't had any reliability. Unlike my old one, my current Jetta does have plastic trim on the doors and trunk hinges that rob trunk space, neither are the end of the world. It also isn't quite as fun to drive. It does, however, have a great build quality and provides a better overall driving experience. The seats are more comfortable, and there is little more refinement in handling which more than makes up for the slightly less sporty feel. Both mean I can drive longer without feeling fatigued. The manual gearbox feels just like my old one, but with one extra gear. It is still fun to drive and more so than any other hybrid or diesel in its class (according to car magazine reviews). Before I had the emissions fix, which only had a slight impact on my fuel economy, I was averaging close to 50 miles per gallon in warm weather with mostly highway driving without even trying. If it was pure highway driving in warm weather I could get above 50. The cabin and trunk are larger than my old Jetta, and it looks and feels more like a mid-sized car than a compact. On the occasions when I carry more than one other person, there is a lot less complaining about space. At $25,000, what other car is as fun to drive, spacious and fuel efficient my Jetta? The interior and exterior styling has been criticized by many, but I actually like it better than its competitors. It is understated and doesn't scream "look at me" like a narcissistic teenager. As for creature comforts, it still has an impressive Fender audio system, Bluetooth, heated seats, sunroof, rear view camera, heated outside mirrors, and a soft touch dashboard. I don't need all of the other "techy" stuff. If I were to do it again, I'd by the same car. I'm sold on VW for life. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because of two slight, intermittent noises: a squeaky noise when the air conditioning fan is set to "2" and a rattle in the dashboard. The latter may or may not have arisen after I hit a deer a few years ago.

12345...9