Used 2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

Used Golf for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great Car Bad Clutch

Jeff, 11/14/2010
TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Test Drove Mini Cooper, VW Golf TDI, and Jetta TDI. I bought the Golf TDI with the six speed, and returned it a week later for a Jetta TDI with the DSG. Loved everything about the Golf except for the clutch. The RPM's drop so low when starting that the car is easy to stall on mild hills. Hill hold brake assist would really make the car an absolute perfect car to drive. This feature is standard in the Mini Cooper. If mini can do it for $21K, then I think VW can do it in all of their cars. Hill hold is only available in the Pasaat. Other than the clutch, the performance, comfort, and styling were amazing. Essentially it is the GTI with a diesel engine!

3.38 out of 5 stars

20,000 mile update

fcwarrior, 01/23/2012
TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have been generally amazed at how much I like my Golf TDI. I came from an Audi S4 so less power is very obvious but the diesel torque curve is so good this car is really enjoyable up in the Rockies. MPG is about 36-38 in winter and 38-40 in summer. Longer trips will average 41-44 but I have seen 52 mpg on a 120 mile freeway trip and 5-8 mpg on a really cold morning commute:} I think the Fuel Injection and Engine Management electronics are very rudimentary and you can feel it compensating all the time for hills and other situations. Turbo lag is nothing like as bad as in a Mini but is still very noticeable. Putting it in Sport certainly helps but then mpg plummets.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Fuel Tank Swooshing Sound

Marco, 04/03/2010
TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Enjoy everything about this car except quality problems. Car door was misaligned when purchased and Fuel tank makes a swooshing sound, when one comes to a stop. Dealer says potential baffles defect and/or other?????

4.88 out of 5 stars

10,000 Update

deusexmaxima, 12/17/2010
TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After 10K miles in 7 months (drove from Atlanta, where I bought it, to Los Angeles), I'm happy to say that my TDI has exceeded my expectations. Reliability has been excellent, other than the TPMS warning light that was fixed with a software update. My best mileage has been 52.5 mpg, and the solidity has held up pretty well, even over rough LA freeways. Acceleration is as spirited as ever, and I still marvel at the sport seats every time I sit in them (I'm almost 6'3", and achieving this kind of comfort in a small car is no easy feat). Does anyone (who doesn't have ten kids or weigh more than 400 lbs) really need more than this car offers? In my opinion, no.

4.88 out of 5 stars

2010 Golf

Ricky, 10/23/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The car is great. I picked it up for under 20,000 OTD and my dealership threw in rims, tint, and floor mats (couldn't drive off the lot with hubcaps). Bottom line is my car is getting around 27MPG with a lot of my driving being in the city. I have less than 1k miles so the car run as expected, perfectly. The new VW carefree maintenance program is great, covers all scheduled maintenance including oil changes until 3yrs/36k mi. Compared to other economy cars it is far beyond anything in its price range. All of the little things and build quality made the 2010 GOLF the clear choice for me, instrument panel, interior build, seats are great all & its half the price to insure (compared to civic)

12345...15