Used 2010 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

$6,500

Used Golf for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

If you find hybrids dull and boring

StrikingViking, 07/19/2010
TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

4-door DSG TDIs are very rare where I live, so I flew from Los Angeles to buy mine in Atlanta. Drove it back across the country, and with a heavy foot, A/C, and 11,000 ft mountain passes, I still averaged 39.5 mpg (knowing full well that diesel mpg improves with age). After 4K miles, nothing has gone wrong. My previous car was an '08 HCH, and my TDI has all the same benefits and more (I describe it as "my old car, but with balls"). The torque makes it genuinely fun to drive, and the solid Germanic-ness (esp. the seats) makes it feel like a luxury car. I too have heard stories about VW reliability, but I have seen zero evidence of them so far. Great car, great value, and no regrets.

4.88 out of 5 stars

A Great Little 4-Door Hatchback

Car Enthusiast, 07/21/2010
4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought it as a surprise BD present for wife to replace her 03 CR-V. Dealer gave me $3k off the msrp! I did some research before I bought. But took the car on the 1st test drive because the deal they offered me was too good to resist. The quality is the best in its class. Fronts seats are very huggy and supportive. We get about 23 city and 32 hwy. I am somewhat disappointed at the power from 170 hp motor. Test drove the new Camry with 2.5L motor seemed a lot more peppier. To take off from stop in D, there is a hesitation. I thought it starts in 2nd but when I put it to M it does show 1st. However, if you take off in S mode, the car seems to be much more peppier with better throttle response.

Sporty, Safe & Economical

CHDriver, 08/23/2010
TDI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I literally searched the entire US to find a car configured the way I wanted. Found the car after a seven- month search 850-miles away. The local dealership had a sold order but could not get the car. VW factory ordering is a waste of time! It is a fun car to drive. The torque is amazing! The build quality is excellent. Diesel MPG is all that I expected and more. I have the 4-dr TDI with Xenons, sunroof, 6 spd, AM, and some other stuff. Get this car!

Great Car, but switched 1wk later

Jack Smith, 11/14/2010
TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought this car with a six speed stick shift. I could not get used to the clutch, and sadly I returned it a week later. I test drove the VW and the Mini Cooper at the same time. Over all the VW had the mini beat on standard features, and comfort. The stick on the VW shifts like butter while the Mini seemed notchy. The mini cooper had a feature that the VW TDI absolutely needs! Hill Hold Brake Assist! This feature is only available on the Passat. If Mini can do this for $21000, then VW should be able to for $23K. The TDI is very easy to stall on hills due to the clutch, and low RPMs. My dealer let me trade the Golf TDI for a Jetta TDI with the dsg.