Used 2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

Great in the Snow

Kevin, 03/25/2010

We just ended a record-breaking winter in Washington with about 70 inches for the season (normal is about 8 inches). The Tacoma was unbelievable--even in 15-20 inches on unplowed streets it never quit. We took it out about eight times the first day just for fun while the neighbors were trapped. The truck has also been great on trips and has much more power than the 1998 Taco it replaced. Toyota bought back the old truck because of frame rust and made it easy to buy the new one.

Great truck!

George, 10/31/2010

The 4 cyl does all I need it to do and more. It's been up and down the mountains, through tough places, hauls loads, pulls moderate trailers and just keeps going without problems. The first truck I've owned that gets better MPG than the window sticker. Rarely less than 20 and rarely more than 23 MPG.

Very impressed. Good job Toyota

JP, 02/11/2008

I bought this truck new (3 miles on it) one week ago today. Had really been looking at Colorados but after seeing how sharp the black Tacoma w/Rugged Terrain package looked, reading lots and lots of reviews, and doing extensive research, I was hooked. I am glad I spent a couple thousand extra dollars to get too many extra features to count over the competitors, not to mention Toyota reliability. The truck rides smooth, almost like a car, but can turn into a mean mud-flinging machine off road. I have had it in the mud once and I was really impressed with the off-road ability, even in 4x4 high. The 4.0 liter V6 is amazing... extremely powerful throughout the power range, tons of torque.

Solid reliable truck

Aikizlla, 02/27/2008

I have wanted a Toyota truck for some time. I owned other models but never kept them long. The 08 Tacoma is a solid well built truck with all the features I could want. Six speed is fun to drive and gives a little better engine break control in the snow. The TRD package provides some great seats and other features. The truck runs solid if not a little rough but it is a truck and with the bed loaded it smooths out considerably. Mileage is about as expected. The fit and finish is very solid as well. Does not look cheap or cheesy. Overall very happy with my purchase, great financing was offered by toyota as well as other rebate incentives.

Toyota Reliability Again!

GeorgeNfla, 08/28/2007

This is my second late model Tacoma. The 2.7L-4-cylinder engine performs very strongly, yet returns decent mileage, high 20s. The truck fires off with the ignition so quickly, barely hear the starter. I own a base Tacoma with automatic as the only option. The only option I wish I would've gotten was cruise-control, other than not having that, its a perfect truck without flaws. I would recommend it to a friend.

12345...23