Used 1993 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

Love it!
By Z

1993 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Regular Cab LB

I purchased my 1993 T100 during 2001 from a older guy that purchased it new to pull his bass boat on weekends. It had 38,000 miles on it and looked like new. The SR5 has a killer speaker system even by today's standards with a factory subwoofer behind the passenger seat and high mounted separate tweeters. The truck has affirm and sold feeling ride. It now has 198,000 miles and runs perfect with barely more than regularly scheduled maintenance thus far. I replaced the front shocks 6 years ago, the tail pipe 5 years ago and the starter at 171,000 miles. Last year I had the rear end resealed and the rear brakes completely rebuilt. This could have been pretty expensive but I am a school employee and we have a really great auto tech. program that basically completes repairs for the price of parts only (144.00 total). My 14 year old will drive it to school in a couple years so the auto tech program is pulling all the dents, body repair and painting the original factory color. I use it like a truck so it is pretty beat up on the outside but no rust. I am also getting a spray in bed liner. The entire makeover will run around 1600.00 but if done at a good body shop would be closer to 3500.00. I have every expectation that this truck is worth the investment. It is incredibly reliable and I have zero reservations about spending the $$ especially considering the cost of any new Toyota truck. 1993 was the last year that this truck had final assembly in Japan (0ne of the really good ones with the "J" serial number). I am 57 and I suspect the truck may outlive me but only because I plan to treat it as good as it has treated me. According to mechanics at Toyota this is known to be a completely reliable truck for 400,000 miles and I believe it. If you can find one that is a clean 1 or 2 owner---buy it.

Best Truck Ever Owned
By Ric

1993 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This Truck is now 16 years old and has over 220K. The only non maintenance repairs done was a high pressure A/C hose replaced and one front axle. While the 3.0L powerplant coupled with the automatic transmission is no rocket ship at highway speed, it works great at low speed or off road. For someone looking to buy a older pickup, I can't see a better choice out there.

Toyota T100 automatic longbox 4WD
By susan hill

1993 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Very nice truck to drive. Handles great.

Color, style.

When we bought this truck we were told that Toyotas keep their value. We are aware that vehicles depreciate but not this much.

Wow
By Wild_man

1993 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Great reliable gutless truck.

Solid truck

More power

93 T-100 review
By Bob Hunter

1993 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've had my T-100 for 11 years and have driven it for 171,000 miles. Many of those miles have been on long distance trips. The truck has performed excellantly and has been very reliable. I use my truck to haul mulch, lumber, firewood, shop equipment, etc., many times loading it to at least cpacity and have not had any difficulty with performance in any way.